Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default How Did You Hear About Us Not Working

Hello,

Seems that the referral information is not showing in the Customers>Customers in the Admin, in Extras>Referral Sources it says 11 but when I click on it it shows 0, and the tables are there in MySQL. In the sources table the sources are in there, in the sources_other table there is nothing in there (browse tab is greyed out in MyPhpAdmin and in the customer_info_source_id is 0 for every customer. I have made this mandatory during the sign up.
    No matter what option a user selects for how they hear about us in Admin>Extras>Referral Sources the Other number increases and nothing shows up under it.

Frustrating as I am trying to use this to gauge marketing.

Zen 1.3.8a

Any ideas? Any suggestions are appreciated and tremendous thanks to whomever has suggestions.
    Last edited by cowspot; 11 Jun 2008 at 03:07 AM. Reason: crazy spelling errors!!
    Cowspot, www.cowspotbeads.com
    Zen 1.3.8a, InternetSecure Payment Mod, Custom Bundles Mod
    SuperTracker Mod, Who Referred You? Mod, Recover Cart Sales

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How Did You Hear About Us Not Working

I have the same problem! Any help would be fantastic!!!

Thank you!!!

Plugin Contributions

Default how did you hear about us - is it working? how to use?

I am using 1.3.8 and last night installed this mod.

Everything "seems" to have worked. I have no error messages, the sql file was installed. I have "referral" and "referral sources" under admin>extras.

New customers have the option of filling out a box for a referral code, but upon testing it I created a new account and wrote my name as the referral, but my name showed up nowhere in the referral or referral sources options under admin/extra.

Should this mod have a "drop down" menu where people can select the already added referrals such as google or AOL? is this "referral code" box really the mod, or is that a regular part of zencart? Maybe what i installed isn't working properly and thus not showing up on new customer forms. I do not have any error messages, so I assumed it "worked".

What should this look like, and how can I get it to actually work? Will I be able to track who referrs who so I can offer referral bonuses, or what?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How Did You Hear About Us Not Working

I'm having the same problem.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: how did you hear about us - is it working? how to use?

I just installed this also and although I am fairly sure I have it installed correctly, it is not working fully. When I sign up for an account, it comes up as Referal: --None-- on the order. Anyone have any idea how to fix this!

Plugin Contributions

I wish I could help. Mine still does not work as it is supposed to.
    Cowspot, www.cowspotbeads.com
    Zen 1.3.8a, InternetSecure Payment Mod, Custom Bundles Mod
    SuperTracker Mod, Who Referred You? Mod, Recover Cart Sales

Plugin Contributions

Got the same issue. Everything work fine but source stay --none--
    Somebody must have solution to this. Hello..!!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stormysar View Post
    I am using 1.3.8 and last night installed this mod.

Everything "seems" to have worked. I have no error messages, the sql file was installed. I have "referral" and "referral sources" under admin>extras.

New customers have the option of filling out a box for a referral code, but upon testing it I created a new account and wrote my name as the referral, but my name showed up nowhere in the referral or referral sources options under admin/extra.

Should this mod have a "drop down" menu where people can select the already added referrals such as google or AOL? is this "referral code" box really the mod, or is that a regular part of zencart? Maybe what i installed isn't working properly and thus not showing up on new customer forms. I do not have any error messages, so I assumed it "worked".

What should this look like, and how can I get it to actually work? Will I be able to track who referrs who so I can offer referral bonuses, or what?
    Under the Extra menu you should have Referrals. This is the place to add/delete sources such as Google, AOL etc.

Plugin Contributions

under extras>referral sources you should see the various options (that you can change in extras>referrals). If you click on Other you will see the unique entries that people wrote. The default is --none-- so if they choose not to select anything then that is what is recorded, you see that in the orders page. We have this running 100% successfully, I am not sure where the problem might lie. We are using 1.3.7.1 and a zillion mods. Try clicking on Other to see if you can see your lost entries.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

I'm using 1.3.8 and in my test it doesn't work and still display --none-- despite the fact I entered one of the option in the drop down menu. I was trying to find the problem till 2:30 am and still wonder where the problem lie. Today will be another unproductive day as I will be in search for the solution.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast