Plugin Contributions

Default All product images suddenly not showing in functional store

Hi,

I have a problem with a store. For some reason, all of the product images are not showing up in the cart. Not one. There were no problems with the store for years, no recent upgrades, mods etc. and now all of the sudden all images are not showing. But the store is still functional. I checked everything I could think of, all the image switches in admin, and could not find anything obvious. Maybe I am missing something, can anyone think of anything I missed?

All the image files seem to be where they are supposed to be on server, and image permissions and file permissions seem to be OK. Any trouble shooting suggestions would be appreciated.

ZC version 1.3.8a

Happy to be a Zen Cart Monthly Donor! :)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: All product images suddenly not showing in functional store

OK I think I'm onto something here but want to make sure I have not compromised my system (or that I was hacked).

I found an .htaccess file in my images folder, I do not remember seeing it there before, and the last edit date on .htaccess was around the time the problem started happening. I renamed the file to .htacces.old and now all the images are showing up in the store.

It is possible my client did some messing around with his account I am not sure. Either that, or I was compromised because I sure did not place it there.

The complete contents of the .htaccess file I found in the main images dir is below:

Code:
    RemoveHandler .html .htm .php

AddType text/html .php .htm .html
    I realize this is more of a Linux question, but, does .htaccess even belong in the images directory? If so do the contents look correct? Does shutting it off compromise the store (or server)?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nadsab View Post
    I realize this is more of a Linux question, but, does .htaccess even belong in the images directory? If so do the contents look correct?
    Zen Cart does not provide a /images/.htaccess file by default. So, if you have one it was added by someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by nadsab View Post
    OK I think I'm onto something here but want to make sure I have not compromised my system (or that I was hacked).
    If you and your client did not intentionally make that change, you should treat things as though you've been hacked, and do a full site inspection and cleanup.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...753#post747753

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

OK thanks, will do that immediately.

Specifically what was the purpose of the above .htaccess file? Or what affect does it have on the store, or images, as written?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It looks like something a hacker would do.

You can study all you want about .htaccess via your favorite search engine, although I don't think I'd bother spending much time on it. If you won't sleep without finding out what it means, one place to start might be http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/mod...e.html#addtype

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.