Plugin Contributions

Default How to discount all items?

Is there an option somewhere to discount all items by a percentage with just one click of a button?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to discount all items?

a little more than one click required, but you can do that from Admin > Catalog > Salemaker
    Neville
    An assumption is what you arrive at when you get tired of thinking...

Plugin Contributions

create a discount coupon for 10% off everything, no end date, no limit on customers or usage and advertise it on your mainpage

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by LVT LTD View Post
    create a discount coupon for 10% off everything, no end date, no limit on customers or usage and advertise it on your mainpage
    I don't see how this is better than using Salemaker
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

well you create 4 customer groups
    5%, 10%, 20%, 25% off etc..

then you import and create accoutn for your big 30 bulk customers and assign them to 1 of the 4 groups.

each then gets their own custom discount and therefor pricing for your store...

make sense?
    am i missing something?

Plugin Contributions

Hi. We need to do this too. We want to apply a 10% discount across the board and we want the customers to see that this is the case. I tried using Salemaker but it just changed all the prices so it's not apparent looking at the site that a discount has been applied.

Also when I deleted the sale all our prices were messed up. I haven't actually worked out how this happened but I suspect it has to do with the fact that as we are in the UK, we are wanting to work everything based on the gross amount, including VAT. It's confusing the hell out of us working with the net amounts, as although I've set the prices on the web pages to display including VAT, everything in Admin shows as net prices, and discounts etc are based on net amounts.

So for example, we want to put a product on Special at £75.00. We have to calculate what the VAT is on this amount, deduct it and put the price ex VAT.

Are there no other Brits that have had these problems and come up with a solution?

So, with the 10% discount we want to offer, we would be happy to offer this at the checkout stage if there is no other option, but I can't find any way to do this either.

Does anyone have any ideas at all about how we could do this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jennie

Plugin Contributions

If you use Sale Maker and apply a 10% discount to the whole Catalog ... you would see prices such as:
    Test One
    $25.00
    Sale: $22.50
    Save: 10% off
    Check that you enabled the SaleMaker sale ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

You are absolutely right of course, hadn't clicked the button!

Another change had been made elsewhere that further confused the issue, but all is perfect now.

Thanks again and sorry for being thick - easy to panic at this stage.

Jennie

Plugin Contributions

Ahh yes but when you create specials you get a new set of boxes on the front page with details of specials in an 'in your face' kind of way to the visting customer. If I apply discounts globally or by category I get the discounts ok but nothing 'screams' this to the visitor. Is there no way to put products on Special in a bulk batch way rather than one by one so that they appear in the monthly specials section?

Rob
    if elephants could fly, I'd be a little more optimistic....

Plugin Contributions

I too have the same dream that items from salemaker could be seen as specials and displayed on the main page... but in the mean time, I have gone into the admin and under tools- define pages, and I used the main_page.php to add a notice on the main page about what our monthly sales are. Since I am using a large font and nice pretty coloring it puts it in their face.
    Now when I get more time (we recently moved over to zen) my idea is to put a banner type pic there instead to just make the page look better. Perhaps even use several pics for different categories or a rotating pics with links to the categories... not quite sure how to do this yet but that is where I am heading...
    Hope this helps spreads alternate ideas