Plugin Contributions

Default 500 Error - FastCGI error message after database installation page.

I am trying to install zencart on a local host server and I keep getting an error message when I enter the database details.

IIS version 5.1,
    PHP v5.3,
    mysql 5.1.36,
    Zencart v1.3.8

I get to page http://localhost/zencart/zc_install/...database_setup

Enter the correct details for the database and I get the following error message.

###############

FastCGI Error
    The FastCGI Handler was unable to process the request.

Error Details:

* The FastCGI process exited unexpectedly
    * Error Number: -1073741819 (0xc0000005).
    * Error Description: Unknown Error

HTTP Error 500 - Server Error.
    Internet Information Services (IIS)

###############

Has anyone come across this error before? Do you know what I can do to fix it?

Thanks

Mike

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 500 Error - FastCGI error message after database installation page.

I am having the same issues. Did you resolved this problem?
    Please share. I am about to give up on zen-cart.

Plugin Contributions

No - it seems no-one knows the answer. I tried the Microsoft IIS support site as well. They suggested it may be something wrong with my php.ini file, however they couldn't see anything wrong with it when I posted it.

I have no clue as to how to proceed. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Anyone?

Mike

Plugin Contributions

Also having the same problem here. phpMyAdmin runs fine, but I can't get any other PHP pages with MySQL queries to run without causing the FastCGI error (Error Number: -1073741819 (0xc0000005).).

The problem seems to be any query after the original mysql_query() statement. I can get the pages to connect to the database, and execute the query, but try and retrieve any data or even check if there are any rows (mysql_num_rows()) and you get the FastCGI error. It is definately the mysql extension causing the issue, but if you disable that extension then you can't run any MySQL queries anyway! I have disabled all extensions and confirmed that the mysql extension causes the error.

If anyone has a solution to this PLEASE POST IT!!

Running:

Windows XP Pro SP3
    IIS: 5.1
    FastCGI: x86 1.0.0
    MySQL Server: 5.1.37-community
    PHP version: 5.3.0

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart v1.3.8a and older requires PHP 5.2.x or older.

If you are running PHP 5.3.0 or newer, you will need Zen Cart v1.3.9 or newer.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by marty68 View Post
    Running:

Windows XP Pro SP3
    IIS: 5.1
    FastCGI: x86 1.0.0
    MySQL Server: 5.1.37-community
    PHP version: 5.3.0
    Hey Marty,

Here are some things you can try that might help isolate the issue a bit more. First off, though, as Dr. Byte points out, PHP 5.3 needs a not-yet release version of Zen Cart. PHP 5.3 introduced a bunch of breaking changes which are affecting many PHP applications, and many of the more popular apps (like Zen Cart) haven't released support for it yet.

If you go into your php.ini file and look for a commented out line that says

Code:
    ; fastcgi.logging = 0
    Remove the comment (;) from that line. The 1.0 version of FastCGI treats any error messages (including warnings) as fatal errors requiring a 500 sent back to the client. The 1.5 version (which is in Beta for WinXP) resolves this. Personally, though, I still keep it off. I like PHP's logging. The same information goes both places.

The second thing to do is to set up an error log. PHP comes with error logging turned on:

Code:
    log_errors = On
    But with no log destination configured. In that configuration, PHP sends the output from log_errors to the stderr stream, which is what FastCGI is choking on. If you set your error logs to go to a file, you will then be able to see more about what's going on, and what is causing the error. I usually use:

Code:
    error_log = "C:\Windows\Temp\php-errors.log"
    PHP can usually write to that directory / file, so it's a safe bet.

If you try this and get anything in your error log that you need help with post it in reply to this thread.

But first, uninstall PHP 5.3 and install PHP 5.2.10. Many issues may just go away from that.

Thanks!

-Jake
    Steve Jacobson (Jake)
    Microsoft IIS Team
    stjacobs at microsoft dot com

Plugin Contributions

Thanks everyone - I uninstalled php 5.3 and installed 5.2.10 and it seems to work fine now.

Many thanks

Mike

Plugin Contributions

That's really it.

Uninstall php 5.3 from your webserver
    Install php 5.2.10
    Install zen cart as you normally would and it worked fine.

You should be able to uninstall php using the windows control panel (assuming you use windows). I am afraid I have no idea how to do the uninstall using anything else.

Mike

Plugin Contributions

I'm having the same issue, but using 5.2.12, any thoughts?