Plugin Contributions

Default Discount least expensive items 50%

Hello all,

Using Zen Cart 1.3.8 and trying to setup the store to discount the least expensive half of items in the cart at 50% off. To give some examples of how this would work:

* Buy product A ($1) and product B ($2) and receive 50% off of $1 in the checkout. Total price: $2.50
    * Buy product A ($1), product B ($2), and product C ($3) and receive 50% off of $1 in the checkout. Total price: $5.50
    * Buy product A ($1), product B ($2), product C ($3), and product D ($4) and recieve 50% off BOTH products A and B. Total discount price: $8.50

... and so on. Basically an even number of products results in a discount of the next-least expensive item.

I've tried using Better Together, however it seems constrained to categories. I want this discount to apply regardless of the product selected or the category it is assigned to.

Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Discount least expensive items 50%

I thought better together allows product to product, product to category, category to category and category to product. I have it installed but haven't had a chance to start using it yet, so many things to do so little time......

If it's not what you want, I would definitely contact the BT author to do some customizing or he might already have something that will work without modification. He is very responsive here on the forum and quite helpful.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!