Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal item details

On being directed to paypal from the checkout confirmation page (using the IPN module) is paypal able to get the individual item details as well as the total?

_thanks to all

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal item details

I believe that's only possible with PayPal Express.

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93558

Plugin Contributions

I believe that's only possible with PayPal Express.
    Thanks for the response > does paypal express send details back to zen cart though so that I can know what purchases were made for my records?

_thanks again

Plugin Contributions

Yes you will receive all of the order details back in your store when using PayPal Express.

Plugin Contributions

Yes you will receive all of the order details back in your store when using PayPal Express.
    Thanks once again .. are the item details supposed to be displayed on the first page when the user is directed to paypal or is it later in the payment process? .. because currently I am unable to see where they are displayed with paypal express. With IPN the transaction details were immediately available although not the individual item details as I would wish (just as a total). I currently only have paypal express but it isn't doing what it should.

Any ideas?

_thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

There are some differences between Express and Standard:

- Standard shows an aggregate list of all products when the customer gets to the PayPal site, but only the Zen Cart order enumerates the line-item details.
    - The Express login page does not (in v1.3.8a or v1.3.7) show the line-item details on the PayPal login page. (This will change in the upcoming v1.3.9, since PayPal now allows that information to be transmitted with the login request.)
    - Express DOES record the line-item details in the PayPal receipt.

So, you have a few options:
    - If your customers absolutely must see exact line-item details when they get to the PayPal site on their first hit, you'll have to wait for v1.3.9
    - If the more important thing is to see line-item details on the PayPal receipt, then use Express Checkout.
    - If your customers can't get their head around the fact that the login during PayPal Express Checkout is NOT actually charging them until AFTER they come back to your site and complete their order (where they CAN see all the exact line-item details directly on your website's confirmation screen before they click the Submit button), then you'll have to use the older less robust Website Payments Standard technology.

Of the available options, I recommend using Express Checkout.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the thorough response this answered it very well - there is only one thing left to ask.. -

when will v1.3.9 be out?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

When it's ready

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.