Plugin Contributions

Default sql tables won't update from admin

I finally upgraded to the latest version of zen and it went very easily for the most part. I am having one issue though. I *think* it actually started when I noticed something funky with my testimonial manager after dong the security update. So I checked and saw there was an upgrade for the testimonials manager and did that. Now when I try to update something from the admin panel, for example, change the config-regulations-confirm terms and conditions during checkout, I toggle and hit "update" and the cart just goes back to the main page without actually updating the sql table. Same goes for changing text in the define pages editor.

I thought doing the upgrade my fix my problem but it didn't. Does that mean it's something in the testimonial manager module? Ideas on how I can fix this? As a work around, I've just been doing changes in the sql table directly but that isn't really convenient. TIA!
    Zen Cart: Diva Knitting

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: sql tables won't update from admin

First of all I would BACKUP your site and SQL database in case what I suggest messes up your site.

Remove everything to do with testimonial manager from your site. Do the admin changes save then? If so, you've at least narrowed it down to TM being the culprit.

Plugin Contributions

Are you sure you installed the security patch correctly? One of the symptoms of an incorrect security patch installation is not being able to save changes in the admin panel.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Steven300 View Post
    Are you sure you installed the security patch correctly? One of the symptoms of an incorrect security patch installation is not being able to save changes in the admin panel.
    I guess that's possible, but now that I've done the upgrade to 1.8 wouldn't that go away? The security update was included with 1.8a right?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by plymgary1 View Post
    First of all I would BACKUP your site and SQL database in case what I suggest messes up your site.

Remove everything to do with testimonial manager from your site. Do the admin changes save then? If so, you've at least narrowed it down to TM being the culprit.
    I was hoping there would be an easy answer but that was next on my list to try.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Steven300 View Post
    Just for fun I ran the security patch again before I started deleting stuff...voila, fixed! Thank you so much Steven300. Glad it was an easy fix for once :)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that your Update and editing issues in the Admin were the result of not having the security patch installed correctly ...

Be sure to review the List of Security Patches to ensure that you are current and up to date:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131115
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!