Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Managing Inventory

I have a footwear and clothing business and have recently hired a local company to setup and host the site for me. My question is there a way to have inventory managed differently for different products? For example some styles of footwear I carry in the physical store and need to have the inventory reduced when someone buys a pair or not show a particular size in the drop down menu when it has been sold. On the other hand I have some styles on the site that I do not carry in the store and I have no way of knowing if the vendor has them in stock until I try to order them. So in that example I would like to not have any inventory for that product listed at all. Is this possible?

Version 1.3.8
    www.larrysboots.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Managing Inventory

On the other hand I have some styles on the site that I do not carry in the store and I have no way of knowing if the vendor has them in stock until I try to order them. So in that example I would like to not have any inventory for that product listed at all. Is this possible?
    You can only display stock or not(on the frontend).
    I would not display any, and for the vendor stuff fudge it by entering so large stock value...You probable also need the stock by attribute 3rd party module by kuroi

You might consider a POS system linked to ZenCart for both online and B&M inventory management - - only one inventory & only one system
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Hi Cobra, Can you recommend one. I've been searching for days on this now. We have an accounting package for Australia that downloads zencart sales data, but are having trouble managing correct stock levels. We wanted to use a barcode scanner to conduct stocktakes, but can't find any software that would put data back into zencart or magnetic one store manager. Any advice appreciated. Jazzah

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jazzah
    Hi Cobra, Can you recommend one.
    Barcode = http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=800

This is not an endorsement just a pointer to one available look for OllaCart
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Hi cobra, Mm I looked at OllaCart, I can see how that would be a good solution for brick and mortar store and website managment of stock, but it doesn't really show how they use it for stocktake? I have emailed them. Anyone else out there that uses this? Thanks

Plugin Contributions

it doesn't really show how they use it for stocktake
    What is "stocktake"???
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

We export current on-hand quantities from our brick-and-mortar store POS to a .tab file, then import these figures into ZC via Easy Populate on a daily basis.

Pretty quick and easy, although I would vastly prefer a solution that actually "connected" with ZC so it would be up to date all the time. What we have works for now, though.

Jess@BFQS

Plugin Contributions

JJDoench,
    Depending upon your current investment in your POS ??? You could look at the option presented here
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I am thinking about using a Scanner to input new stock items and to manage inventory...

Well anyway. I wanted to see if I could get some ideas how to implement this...

I see there is a way to put a barcode into zen and there is a way to put it on the Packing slip.

the next step I would need. Or perhaps anyone else is.
    I want to figure out the location of where that item is. In my case it is a BoX number in my warehouse.

So if I get a print out of the invoice, with the box number. The person will know where to go to pick the item up.

Could this all be done in Zen or should I be looking for an outside product to manage the inventory.

Plugin Contributions

I am thinking about using a Scanner to input new stock items and to manage inventory...

Well anyway. I wanted to see if I could get some ideas how to implement this...

I see there is a way to put a barcode into zen and there is a way to put it on the Packing slip.

the next step I would need. Or perhaps anyone else is.
    I want to figure out the location of where that item is. In my case it is a BoX number in my warehouse.

So if I get a print out of the invoice, with the box number. The person will know where to go to pick the item up.

Could this all be done in Zen or should I be looking for an outside product to manage the inventory. The thing I am trying to shortcut is having

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast