Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question Google Adsense in Footer and Header

Hi Guys,

Anyone know how I can display google adsense codes in the Header and Footer?

Can seem to find the Header and Footer anywhere.

Cheers

Billy

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Adsense in Footer and Header

The header's at the top, and the footer's at the bottom.

Seriously, why would you want to start an e-commerce site and make an effort to send someone elsewhere to shop?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    The header's at the top, and the footer's at the bottom.

Seriously, why would you want to start an e-commerce site and make an effort to send someone elsewhere to shop?
    Good point, but to be honest, I just want to put a html code "announcement" in the header that displays on all pages. So my members can read something I need to tell them. I have a shop attached to my Australian Car Forum

Basically I am getting orders which people are making which they have to pay via Wire or Cheque or money order and alot of members are not sending payment and it is wasting my time, so I just want to tell them if they don't pay for goods ordered they will be banned from the site.

Plugin Contributions

Go to your admin (whatever it's name) and hover over the Tools menu. Select the Define Pages Editor option and pick one of the pages that suits your need for such an announcement.

I wouldn't put it out front for all to see, but I would put it in something like define_checkout_success.php.

"Thanks for your order, BUT if you don't pay, your account will be closed."

If you put it in define_conditions.php, you can also require that they read it before they can check out.

BTW, a search of tutorials for "header" comes up with this as number four on the list.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, that helped me alot to achieve what I was after.

Plugin Contributions

There is nothing wrong with someone wanting to place adsense on their website.
    How can there be nothing? Nothing is something!

Plugin Contributions

Didn't say it was wrong.
    Simply wanted to know why someone like American Airlines might want to put ads on their site for United.
    Amazon will let you create a wish list and add items from other sites with their tool bar widget. But, they still don't put any Barnes & Noble links in a sidebar.
    I just wonder where being paid to send your customers elsewhere to shop fits into the business plan. Don't remember seeing that at six sigma.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Ad Sense in Footer and Header

Simply wanted to know why someone like American Airlines might want to put ads on their site for United.
    Simple,

Having a competitor's ad may encourage someone to actually return to your site. Many people including myself compare prices.

Besides, with Google Ad Sense you can filter out advertisements you do not want displayed and sites you do not want displayed as well.

Anyhow, The only reason I responded as I did was because it annoys me to see posts questioning someones intentions.

It's not anyones business to judge why someone might want to add a specific feature to their cart.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Ad Sense in Footer and Header

Quote Originally Posted by beasleybub View Post

It's not anyones business to judge why someone might want to add a specific feature to their cart.
    I'll disagree with that. Many here, including me, see this forum as a community, and if we see one member doing something that may have negative consequences, we may say something about it. He may not have thought of one aspect or another.

He's always able to ignore the advice of others, but I don't think you can have too much input.

I'll also disagree about Adsense on ecommerce sites. To me, it makes the site look like it isn't making any money selling stuff, so the owners need the few pennies from Google to make ends meet. I prefer to do business with retailers who seem to be successful.

Plugin Contributions

Your type of response is exactly the reason why I chimed in.

Just because someone asks a question about using a module you might not care for doesn't give you the right to question their intentions.

It's your right to have a belief system that says "Ad Sense Bad" and theres no reason to go around telling people that it is bad.

That's like a vegetarian telling me I should not eat meat.

I could understand you telling little Billy not to put a fork into a power outlet because it could potentially kill him, but for you or anyone else to tell someone that using Google Ad Sense is wrong is well... just wrong.

I use Google Ad Sense and I am perfectly happy doing so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast