Plugin Contributions

bug missing orders over $1k

I have a zen cart store which has seen over 4,000 orders. We switched from OS Commerce for several reasons, but one was missing orders due to customers not clicking the button to return from PayPal consistently. While zen cart has some issues like that, in the 4k orders we've had since the switch, only three have never made it through to the zen cart admin after being charged in PayPal successfuly. All three were over $1k. The other 3,997 came through with no trouble. I find it hard to believe that only the three largest orders we've had in over a year and a half were the ones who forgot to click a return to PayPal button or closed their browser window before the return or whatever.

I think it must be some kind of bug. Anyone know the back end well enough to throw out some ideas as to what in the works might cause a $1k or greater order to stick?

(I've installed the stuck order push module and when they happen I can push them through now, but we don't want to have to watch so closely on the clients best customers)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: missing orders over $1k

What version of Zen Cart?
    What addons/patches are installed?
    What currency are these transactions in?
    Which PayPal module are you using?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I'm having the same exact problem. I've had over 1000 successful orders but every order over $1000 in the cart goes missing. I get the payment from paypal, but the order is no where in the database.

What version of Zen Cart? 1.3.6
    What addons/patches are installed? don't think I've installed any, though I did go through the latest security suggestions (beyond upgrading).
    What currency are these transactions in? USD
    Which PayPal module are you using? Paypal IPN

Plugin Contributions

Oh, here's my info:

What version of Zen Cart? 1.3.8
    What addons/patches are installed? Custom code to have quantities for attributes, USPS one click, sales report, Google Analytics, and since we discovered this the View Stuck PayPal Orders module which has saved my life when coupled with an email filter*

*I have a copy of the order confirm emailed to me and have enable a filter to flag and alert me when those emails contain any of the following "$1," "$2," or "$3," which catches anything in the 1, 2, or 3 thousand order range (so far anyway). Then I go check PayPal. If an order has been paid, I go find the order in the View Stuck PayPal Orders and push it through to the database.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Erekose13 View Post
    I'm having the same exact problem. I've had over 1000 successful orders but every order over $1000 in the cart goes missing. I get the payment from paypal, but the order is no where in the database.

What version of Zen Cart? 1.3.6
    What addons/patches are installed? don't think I've installed any, though I did go through the latest security suggestions (beyond upgrading).
    1. v1.3.6 is very old, and no longer officially supported. There have been many bugfixes and improvements since then. One PayPal-related fix is the thousands-issue you are experiencing.
    2. You might find some temporary relief to that issue by making the following edit:
    /includes/modules/payment/paypal/paypal_functions.php
    Around line 77 you'll see this:
    Code:
        $transaction_amount = number_format(($amount) * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency));
    Change that to this instead:
    Code:
        $transaction_amount = preg_replace('/[^0-9.]/', '', number_format(($amount) * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency), '.', ''));
    You really should put plans in place to do an upgrade to take advantage of the many fixes/improvements in the newer versions.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.