Plugin Contributions

Default Chinese: How to change the max. length of category title in category menu?

I have installed the Simplified Chinese language pack and have been slowly translating my site into Chinese. However, when I translate the category names, only a maximum of 4 characters is shown. For example, if I type in a category name that consists of 6 Chinese characters, only the first 4 will show.

How do I change the max. value so that the full name of the category in Chinese will be shown?

Any suggestions? Thanks,
    Ed

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Chinese: How to change the max. length of category title in category menu?

*Could be* the database field type restriction...

Using phpMyAdmin, go to your zen cart database, navigate to the "categories_descriptions" table, change the field type of "categories_name".

For example, if you have "varchar (32)", try and see if "varchar (64)" works for you.

Make sure you write this change down somewhere, so that you will remember this when you upgrade or reinstall zen cart months or years later.

Hope that helps :)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Chinese: How to change the max. length of category title in category menu?

Quote Originally Posted by shirster View Post
    *Could be* the database field type restriction...

Using phpMyAdmin, go to your zen cart database, navigate to the "categories_descriptions" table, change the field type of "categories_name".

For example, if you have "varchar (32)", try and see if "varchar (64)" works for you.

Make sure you write this change down somewhere, so that you will remember this when you upgrade or reinstall zen cart months or years later.

Hope that helps :)

I tried what you advised, but unsuccessful. Are you using the Simplified Chinese language pack as well?

Plugin Contributions

Nope I'm using the Traditional Chinese language pack and do not have this problem. Sorry I can't be of much help !

Plugin Contributions

Actually, it did help. I had to retype the categories again in admin to see the results :)

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Glad it worked ! :)