Plugin Contributions

Default Refund results in order disappearance after upgrading

Version 1.3.8A
    We had a few instances when an order paid with a credit card through Linkpoint needed to be refunded or adjusted. Using Admin. tools, Refund transaction it seemed to work OK, but after it was processed, the transaction completely disappeared. The only way to see it is to use the "Sales report" mod (within reports), where it shows as a line item. This happens every time with both full or partial refunds.
    TIA

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Refund results in order disappearance

1. In your Admin->Modules->Payment->Linkpoint, what is the status for "Refund/Void Order Status" set to?
    2. If you search for and find that order by number in Admin->Customers->Orders, using the search box, what order-status is the order set to?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

There is no "Refund/Void Order Status" there.
    Searching by the order number does bring the order. It shows "Refund Issued ", and correct amount

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by adolgin View Post
    There is no "Refund/Void Order Status" there.
    Do you mean there's no option for it? or that it's blank?
    If you click Edit on that module's settings, are you able to set that option? It should be set to something like "Pending" or "Void" or "Refunded" depending on what options you've configured.
    Did you recently change any order-status options in Admin->Localization->Orders Status? If you did, then I suspect you probably deleted the value that the module *was* set to, and now it's using a zero, which makes it not show in your orders list.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

There is no option to set. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	6312

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	6313

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	6314
    Here is the panel )broken in 3 images) in case I am going blind. I did not change " Admin->Localization->Orders Status" , this is a newly installeded 1.3.8 upgraded from 1.3.7. The problem appeared from day one, I just do not do too many refunds, so I wanted to verify first that the problem is repeatable before posting.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Aha ... the blank option below the "Pre-Auth Order Status" option is your problem. And, it's blank because you didn't remove-and-re-install-it after upgrading.

Whenever you upgrade from one version to another, you need to write down all the settings in your active payment and shipping modules, and then click "Remove" to uninstall that module (that wipes out all its settings!!!), and then click "Install" to put it back again, with the new/updated options. Then you'll have to fill in all your settings again.

After you do that, it should stop the disappearing-order problem you mentioned.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

As to fixing the orders that have disappeared ... here's a trick that should fix them, one-by-one:
    a) search for the order, by order number
    b) when looking at the order details, you have a section in lower left for "Order Status" where you can change the status via a pulldown menu, and you can type in comments for the order.
    c) use that pulldown and set the order status you want it to be set to. Since you've refunded the order, I suggest "Pending" if you don't have a void or refunded option in the list.
    d) You don't have to type in any comments
    e) I recommend UNCHECKING the "Notify customer" box, since the customer doesn't need to be emailed about this change
    f) Click the update button.
    The order should now show up in your list of orders.
    Repeat as necessary for any others that got damaged by mistake.

Plugin Contributions

Bingo! It worked. Much appreciated

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Aha ... the blank option below the "Pre-Auth Order Status" option is your problem. And, it's blank because you didn't remove-and-re-install-it after upgrading.

Whenever you upgrade from one version to another, you need to write down all the settings in your active payment and shipping modules, and then click "Remove" to uninstall that module (that wipes out all its settings!!!), and then click "Install" to put it back again, with the new/updated options. Then you'll have to fill in all your settings again.

After you do that, it should stop the disappearing-order problem you mentioned.

I have not been able to process refunds on the linkpoint module for some time and previously opened a thread on this problem but it was never resolved.

PROBLEM:
    When I complete the form located in the Payment Details section of admin->Customers->Orders-Edit Order and click "Do Refund" the screen refreshes but the refund is not processed (verified by checking on the Linkpoint Virtual Terminal website) nor is any entry related to the refund showing in the order details comments section. Order Status remains unchanged.

I found this thread and have followed your guidance given here. My results are:
    "In your Admin->Modules->Payment->Linkpoint, what is the status for "Refund/Void Order Status" set to?"
    answer: Refund issued
    "If you search for and find that order by number in Admin->Customers->Orders, using the search box, what order-status is the order set to? " answer: Shipped
    "Did you recently change any order-status options in Admin->Localization->Orders Status? If you did, then I suspect you probably deleted the value that the module *was* set to, and now it's using a zero, which makes it not show in your orders list. "
    Response: It's possible order status may have changed in the past, however "Refund issued [12]" is what is currently listed in the order status table.

"Refund issued" is also selected for "Refund/Void Order Status" in the linkpoint module.
    In the screen shots from adolgin (post #5) my sites differ in that there is no blank box below the PREAUTH Order Status area. I have an another section below there for "Refund/Void Order Status" which is set to "Refund issued [12]"

I have reviewed the "Troubleshooting/Setup FAQ" which is linked from the Linkpoing/YourPay API" configuration panel and found no issues (guidance for the Refund/Void Order Status configuration is not provided in the FAQ).

I'm still scratching my head over this one and would appreciate any guidance you can provide.
    Ron
    ZenCart v1.3.8a
    Linkpoint/YourPay API
    www.aspenshopsonline.com - ZenCart 1.3.9h
    www.wilkssupply.com - ZenCart 1.3.9h
    www.un-du.net - ZenCart 1.3.8a