Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Google webmaster error

hi hope someone can help, i have a site using lowpricebuilder before and now i've changed to zencart , the old site is index by google after i submit the url to them, now the new zensite cannot index by google and when i login to google webmaster tools i discover there are several error there, first there are 7 not found 404 error , and i look into these links yes it was link that no longer exist , and also i have 19 not followed error, the details of error state "Redirect error", or crawl error maybe, how do i get rid of these errors? i did read a lot of post about that and is it i must create a sitemap.xml in order to let google index my zencart site?? i try submit the reconsideration to google, but dunno it helps or not~ thanks for answering

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google webmaster error

Check the Known Bugs for v1.3.8 thread:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...860#post610860

Check that you have fixed post #12 ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

my zencart setting

Always Show on Main Page = 0

i have set it to 1 ?

Plugin Contributions

Without seeing your site and checking your pages to ensure the nofollow is not on them where it does not belong ... I really cannot say if your site is working right or not ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

<URL REMOVED BY MODERATOR>

after i made the change you suggested at #12 , today when i login the webmaster tool , something changed i see there are 2 top queries there, however i still cannot google my site maybe it takes more times to index? and the source code of my index page do not have the tag meta=robots noindex, nofollow now

Plugin Contributions

and also i discovered that the crawl error not followed redirect error all the link contains like http://www.mysite.com/?id=xxxxxx

i review the rules that google seems need a static link, however zen page is in .php and all my link mostly is in this format http://www.mysite.com/?id=xxxxxx

should i install some addon or does it really matter for google crawling ?? thanks

Plugin Contributions

Google takes time ... it could be a day to weeks before google has you listed ...

I do not see the nofollow on your pages so give goggle time to re-spider your site ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

thanks i'll see and wait what happen for the next week, thank you great guy: )

Plugin Contributions

alright after a few days i've added a sitemap and those 404 error seems didn't increase or change afterward, however i have 2 sitemap not followed error in webmaster tool

that is www.mysite.com/index.php?zenid=
    and www.mysite.com/index.php?main_page=specials

the specials page we never use, and also why this index.php?zenid= will cause redirect error??thanks

Plugin Contributions

i used some tool to access my site they return me a 302 error, any expert have idea for solving this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast