Plugin Contributions

red flag HELP -- need payment module for Europe -- Europe based merchant (not US/UK)

Hi -- we have our shop setup with 3 payment options: bank wire, cod (PL only), and paypal. The problem is our shop is based in PL but we want to do all our transactions in Euros (settlement as well). Shop is geared toward Western Europe.

Paypal offers transactions/balances in Euros but settlement must be done in home currency (in this case PLN) which introduces currency conversion fees and so on...bad

can anyone recommend a gateway vendor for which a payment module exists --preferably one that you use and your shop is in Europe.

here is a list of vendors i contacted based on existing payment modules in the download section, some have not responded yet:

1. RBS WordPay -- EUROPE OK, but it looks like there are issues with the thank-you page in this payment module.
    2. alertpay ??
    3. ccnow – USD settlement only
    4. internetsecure – USD and CDN settlement only
    5. sage pay -- UK based ONLY
    6. authorize net ??
    7. cynergy -- US based ONLY
    8. paymuzo / global payments ??
    9. goemerchant ??
    10. merchantanywhere -- US based ONLY
    11. NMI ??
    12. PAYLEAP ??
    13. paytrace ??
    14. plugnpay ??
    15. transfirst -- US based ONLY
    16. Payvision -- EUROPE OK, but no payment module
    17. USFSG -- US based ONLY

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HELP -- need payment module for Europe -- Europe based merchant (not US/UK)

As you haven't had a response, let's at least add some fresh ideas.

Have you looked at Cybersource? They handle 120 currencies and there's a Zen Cart module for it?

I assume that your bank allows you both zloty and euro accounts, are they unable to recommend a payment gateway that can remit in both?

Worldpay probably would have been a good solution if they weren't in the process of decimating their service with what appears to be extreme technical ineptitude.

Other than this, I fear that there may not be a service available that could meet your needs. In which case a possible solution might be to sign up with one for each currency and then hack the Zen Cart checkout to only present the service that matches the currency the customer has selected (currency changes are loosely suppressed in the checkout, so generally once in a customer has to stay with the currency that they entered with), or come out again to change it).
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HELP -- need payment module for Europe -- Europe based merchant (not US/UK)

thanks for replying, here is an updated list of vendors.

1. alertpay? EUROPE OK, payment module, only able to settle in EUR by bank wire (fees associated) not regular transfer
    2. ccnow – auto convert to USD
    3. internetsecure – usd and cdn only
    4. sage pay ? UK based ONLY
    5. authorize net ? EUROPE OK, seperate IMA account and Getway, separate fees, high rates and monthly fees
    6. cynergy data ? US based ONLY
    7. paymuzo / global payments ?
    8. goemerchant ? US based ONLY, referred to Durango
    9. Duranago paymentsystems (colorado) ?? EUROPE OK, too convoluted for EUROPE business, no module
    10. merchantanywhere? US based ONLY
    11. NMI ?
    12. PAYLEAP ? US based ONLY
    13. paytrace ?
    14. plugnpay ?
    15. transfirst ? US based ONLY
    14a. Payvision ? -- EUROPE OK, no payment module, good rates but no integration
    16. USFSG ? US based ONLY
    17. worldpay (RBS) -- EUROPE OK, payment module, issues with coding
    18. ecard – EUROPE OK, no payment module
    19. cybersource??
    20. Barclaycard Business -- ePDQ CPI – EUROPE OK, payment module
    21. eProcessingNetwork ??

I am waiting to hear back from the ones which have no notes next to the name. I think we may go with Barclaycard or RBS -- but there are others which look promising. I contacted cybersource and am waiting to hear back from them.

eCard was recommended by our bank -- but the problem is that eCard has no module with zencart and i dont have the know how to build one myself.

Most of these vendors accept payment in other currencies but the problem is with settlement.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I just came across your thread and while it's quite old I thought I'd respond anyway.

Our system would allow you to accept payments in 150 currencies and settle in your choice of 19 currencies. The currency conversion is dynamic and thus no fees are incurred.

Our gateway supports Zen Cart as well as most other shopping carts.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Perhaps you'd post your module to our Free add ons section so that it is available?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.