Plugin Contributions

Default Order confirmation emails to different admin users based on product category

Hi,
    Using Zen Cart 1.3.8a with very little customisation (nothing significant to this question).
    Is it possible for Zen Cart to send order confirmation emails (copies of) from specific categories to specific people?
    i.e. in our store we have a Membership Packages category and a Regalia category, and I would like order emails sent to the specific person responsible for dispatching goods from each category.
    If not Zen Cart, does anyone know of a modification which will allow this?
    Regards,
    Allen

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Order confirmation emails to different admin users based on product category

I don't know of an add on off the top of my head for this, however, it could be customized in the order.php class to build the emails and determine who gets what email ...

Are these controlled only be the categories_id or by the manufacturers_id ...

If it is the manufacturers_id, then you could build in a new field for the email address into the manufacturers table and base the emails on that ...

Otherwise, you could do something similar with the categories table and perhaps relate that to the master_categories_id of the Product to build the email from ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Order confirmation emails to different admin users based on product category

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not a programmer/php whiz/SQL whiz so that would probably be beyond me.
    Thanks anyway. I'm surprised it's not be requested before though, seems like a fairly obvious requirement to me.