Plugin Contributions

Default Different Payment Process Idea

I have a client whose business model requires the payment process to be a little different that what (I think) Zen Cart does out of the box. Basically this is it:

1. Customer orders a repair service at a nominal fee, to cover the repair analysis, and then ships their item to us.
    2. We analysis the item and respond to the customer with a repair estimate.
    3. The customer can either accept the repair cost, in which case return shipping is free or they can decline the repair cost in which case they must pay for return shipping.

Has anyone done anything like this or have any suggestions on the best way to do this? My thought would be that after they order the repair service I would have to create some sort of "private product" that only the customer who placed the order can see. That product would need an attribute unique to it that would be something like "Yes, I accept the repair costs, bill me the XXX.XX to complete the repair" and "No, I do not accept the repair costs, bill the XX.XX for the return shipping". This seems like it might be a lot of work and also make the database very cluttered after a while. What does the community think?

Plugin Contributions

red flag Different Payment Process

I have a client whose business model requires the payment process to be a little different that what (I think) Zen Cart does out of the box. Basically this is it:

1. Customer orders a repair service at a nominal fee, to cover the repair analysis, and then ships their item to us.
    3. The customer can either accept the repair cost, in which case return shipping is free or they can decline the repair cost in which case they must pay for return shipping.

Has anyone done anything like this or have any suggestions on the best way to do this? My thought would be that after they order the repair service I would have to create some sort of "private product" that only the customer who placed the order can see. That product would need an attribute unique to it that would be something like "Yes, I accept the repair costs, bill me the XXX.XX to complete the repair" and "No, I do not accept the repair costs, bill the XX.XX for the return shipping". This seems like it might be a lot of work and also make the database very cluttered after a while. What does the community think?

Plugin Contributions

Default Different Payment Process Idea