Plugin Contributions

Default Changing the status of an electronic order from Pending to Delivered?

Hello -

I screwed up.

I have a site that sells goods that are delivered electronically. Lucky me I had my first order last night. Unlucky me I didn't verify the paypal email address that the payment went to.

So after I took care of getting the customer his goods, I went to try and change to status from pending to delivered in hopes that he will then be able to log into his account and download his order. I did verify the email address with paypal, all the funds were delivered, but how can I change the status in Zen Cart?

Thanks in advance
    Kevin

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Changing the status of an electronic order from Pending to Delivered?

Go to Admin->Customers->Orders, where you'll see all the orders in your store.
    Find the one you want to activate, and click on it. Then click the Edit button.
    Then down the left side toward the bottom you'll see the download files listed, and then a pulldown box for the new order status and a box for comments if desired.
    Change the order status from "Pending" to "Processing" or "Delivered"... if you want to type a comment, feel free, perhaps like "Payment verified. Downloads now activated from your My Account area." Then click the submit button.
    The customer will receive an email with the comment and will include a link to their My Account area to download their items.

In the future, if the PayPal payment works correctly (which ideally you should have tested already for yourself) then all the above will happen automatically during checkout. But, if there's a delay or problem, you can certainly handle it manually as above.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.