Plugin Contributions

Default Overlapping Additional Images

Hello all,

previously i asked a question on the layout, and i was facing an issue with templatemonster template, and the response i got from them was just as good as not asking, it went something like this:

Our engineers have checked the original template and found not issue, please use the original template layout instead.... (WTF)

anyway.

i found a very useful addon which kind of helped me to do whats already showing now:

http://www.shopping-delight.com/inde...products_id=88

Things is that now i have a different question, my images are overlapping and i tried researching all over the forum and the net, some solutions suggests that the css needs attentions (failed miserably), another thread i found that another user changed the product_listing.php in includes>modules, mentioned about defining a col_width: tried that but didnt work.

please any experts out there could help me on that? i really am stuck and the template monter guys are as useful as my pet gerbil. I get a laugh from their response and that's about it.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Overlapping Additional Images

<soapbox>
    I need to contact TM for my cut. As many of their blunders as I've fixed, I should get quite a goodly sum!
    </soapbox>

Anyway, search for the width calls in #productbox and #imagebox in one of the nine stylesheets.

Change #productbox to 55% from its current 70%
    Change #imagebox to 40% from its current 10%

NOTE: Neither #productbox nor #imagebox can be found in a standard Zen-Cart installation. So, HOW can they claim they work

WARNING
    Since we're talking TM here, there's no telling what else will happen around the site when you make this correction.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    <soapbox>
    I need to contact TM for my cut. As many of their blunders as I've fixed, I should get quite a goodly sum!
    </soapbox>

Anyway, search for the width calls in #productbox and #imagebox in one of the nine stylesheets.

Change #productbox to 55% from its current 70%
    Change #imagebox to 40% from its current 10%

NOTE: Neither #productbox nor #imagebox can be found in a standard Zen-Cart installation. So, HOW can they claim they work

WARNING
    Since we're talking TM here, there's no telling what else will happen around the site when you make this correction.

You really do deserve you cut I swear to God, i mean it didnt work perfectly, but it did almost exactly what i wanted, and after just a little bit of numbers tweaks with the proposed percentages and margins:left, it worked just as you have solved my days of headache!!

THANK YOU!!!

sigh, I think i jumped onto the wagon too soon as soon as i saw the kind of okie ish outter design for not too much money compared to a custom design by a freelance designer.

then after installation, it's been hell, honestly, if i ever get a chance to choose again, i will NEVER use TM again, zero support, and they mess all the programming and css up and everything is not documented, no user manual on what needs to be done to remove / add whatever...

without your help i would have never found it. thank you very much!!

Plugin Contributions

Glad you got it going.

Get yourself a copy of firefox and the firebug add-on. They will really come in handy with the TM headaches.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Glad you got it going.

Get yourself a copy of firefox and the firebug add-on. They will really come in handy with the TM headaches.

lol, i kind of downloaded that and didnt know what to do with it (I really am very new to CSS and PHP programming and also Zen Cart)

now that you fine people have been helping me out, and also looking at other posts on how some of you are making suggestions I am actually taking a good look at my own site at the moment, and things are starting to make more sense.

so thank you for another fine suggestion!!

I'm gonna have to take a lot more time to learn, is there anything i am suppose to be good at in order to make things easier for my own management of the website? like would learning about php and css help? the zen cart book?

Plugin Contributions

Not sure if the book is going to fit well with 1.3.9 and I know it will need a rewrite for 2.0.
    There's a lot that can be learned by just going to yoursite.com/docs.
    Lurking the forum is great. Logon, click on New Posts, and see what answers are being given by those with high numbers. It's amazing what you'll learn. And, before long, you'll see posts with 0 behind them that you can answer for the folks.
    Take the time to go through the menus in the admin (or whatever you've named it) section. "Today is brought to you by......Product Listing." Then, take the time to see all that Product Listing affects.
    Learn to use the Developers Tool Kit under the Tools menu. When you need to change a file, use this tool to find the file. There's a difference between PRODUCT_TYPE and product_type. You'll find some explanations while using the Tool Kit.
    Most are clueless that there's a Product Types item under the Catalog menu where you can change the layout of a product's display.
    You can drastically modify the look and operation of Zen Cart without ever knowing PHP.
    Just explore, lurk, and try new things. You'll be an "expert" in no time.