Originally I was using 1.3.7 and just upgraded to 1.3.8.
MySql client version 4.1.22
phpmyadmin 2.11.9.4

After upgrading the files, I got an error that the database needed patching, so I installed the "new" database and tried to import the data from the old one.

I had to ask my webhost to complete the import because the operation kept timing out for me. But when I give them the file from which to load the data only, they get the following error message:

ERROR 1062 (23000) at line 50: Duplicate entry '1' for key 1

Where do I find "Line 50"? Is this a sequential line starting from table 1? If I compare the two databases in WinMerge, line 50 refers to the structure line of the address_book table and in further comparison, there are no changes, no visible errors in either file. So could the problem be?

Thinking it would be easier just to change the structure of the old database manually, I started working on making those changes, but I cannot find a way to change the auto-increment amount. Does anyone know how to do this?

Will the old database continue to work without the "patches"? If so, how do I get rid of the message at the top of the page that says the database needs patching?

Sorry if I sound frustrated but my site's been down a week trying to get this situation resolved. Last resort, I'll have to manually upload all my old information into the new database, I guess, unless someone can help me resolve this.

Sandra Dugas