Plugin Contributions

Default How to make sales/specials not apply to customers who receive group discounts?

Hello,
    I am a newbie to Zen Cart and have been reading as much as possible to get up to speed. I have 2 groups of customers: Dealers who receive Group Discount Pricing and Direct Customers. I want to create a sale/special, but I don't know how to make sure that the special only applies to Direct Customers, not to those assigned Group Discount Pricing. The same would go for offering free shipping, but I believe I am supposed to post that question elsewhere. Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much! LaurieK

Default Re: How to make sales/specials not apply to customers who receive group discounts

I've the same problem and from what I have read there isn't a way using the standard zen-cart setup, this requires additional coding. I'd love to find out i'm wrong because like you I have items I want to put as specials but I don't want a customer I give a group discount or coupon code to to get the special discount AND the other discount. It's odd that the zen-cart makers haven't fixed this as i'm sure it's something that most zen-cart users would use / need.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to make sales/specials not apply to customers who receive group discounts

Using Zones you can stop people from using coupons if they receive a group discount.

You have to create a zone that includes all the states except the one that you use Group members. You may end up setting up several zones.
    Note: You can make up your own states, just use the correct ID ex. MI, NY, ect. and yes you can have two states with the same ID.

You can then limit the coupon to a zone that includes all the Direct customers.

As far as limiting just the sales/specials I am still working on it.