Plugin Contributions

Default Remove "Newsletters" link when logged into "My Account" (not in Admin?)

Although I already turned off the 2 settings in the Admin related to the ZC Newsletter, the "Newsletters" link still shows under the "My Account" links when logged in.

Current settings:
    Admin > Configuration > Customer Details > Show Newsletter Checkbox > 0
    Admin > Configuration > E-Mail Options > Display "Newsletter Unsubscribe" Link? > false

The link I am referring to points to this page:
    index.php?main_page=account_newsletters

Is there an Admin setting I overlooked that also turns that off, or do I have to comment out the link from the template file (which would however still keep the page available)?

The reason I need that removed is because I am implementing an external double opt in newsletter. (It would be nice if double opt in was a ZC standard by the way)

Ideas? Clues?

ZC Version 1.3.8a

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Remove "Newsletters" link when logged into "My Account" (not in Admin?)

Anyone?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Remove "Newsletters" link when logged into "My Account" (not in Admin?)

When I use the two admin settings you referenced, that link goes away in My Account in a stock Zencart installation. It may have to do with an installed mod or other customization.

If you have a custom template, try switching to Classic temporarily and see if it still does it.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I can change the link of the page in my custom template to point to the custom newsletter page I created.

However, when someone is logged in, the old newsletter page is still active, so if someone bookmarked it somehow it will still show up and create confusion.

Can that page be disabled altogether?

Thank you.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

So, you're saying that you're certain that a lot of your customers have bookmarked the My Account page related to newsletters?
    Can you explain why you think they've done that?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

No. I am sure probably none of them have. :)

I guess it feels odd for a page that should be disabled to still be in working condition. Maybe I could put a redirect in htaccess? Or can that page be completely disabled?

A similar issue is there also for redirect EZ-Pages (those without content) if accessed directly. Should not they automatically redirect?

If I access those EZ-Pages directly they show up with just the page title, obviously, since they have no content.

Maybe I am hairsplitting, but I am just curious about this ZC functionality...

What would you do if anything?

Thank you

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You can force it to trigger a page-not-found if you use your FTP program to rename the /includes/modules/pages/account_newsletter folder to account_newsletter_DISABLED

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Arigatou Sensei Byte!

That should work. :)

How about the EZ-Pages, is that normal behavior, for the page not to redirect if accessed directly? Maybe that could be a 2.0 fix :)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hedron View Post
    How about the EZ-Pages, is that normal behavior, for the page not to redirect if accessed directly? Maybe that could be a 2.0 fix :)
    That's already a 2.0 fix.

Plugin Contributions

Great! :)