Plugin Contributions

Default Restoring the backup

I'm having some issues, I'm sure it's a simple fix, I just can't find it.

My cart was hacked, it was my own install. Unfortunately I didn't get the security patch in time and it got hacked.

Rather than install the security patch and upgrade the cart on my own, my server host suggested I just activate the application on their server which is the newest version and they handle the security patches on their end. They told me that I'd be able to insert the DB with no issues to restore the site.

So, I did a back up and installed the newest version.

I inserted the back up, and none of my data is appearing.

I looked in the phpadmin, and can look at the tables with all my information in it. I checked my config files on the server and all the DB information matches. I just do not know why the data base isn't showing up.

When I called my host, they were oh so helpful and pointed me here. I figure if they told me that much, they could help with the DB issue. I think I'm screwed now. I really really DO NOT want to re-enter everything.

My site is creativewanderings.ca

Ideas?

(and yes, I searched the forum and FAQ area)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Restoring the backup

Obviously, your site is pointed now to a DB with the demo products installed. Do you have more than one database, and are you sure the DB info in your configure.php files is correct?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    Obviously, your site is pointed now to a DB with the demo products installed. Do you have more than one database, and are you sure the DB info in your configure.php files is correct?
    Hi Steve,

Thanks for responding. I went in and checked the config files, it didn't dawn on me to change the dist-config files, I assumed it would have been done on the server side. So, I now get the system setup required page. I've followed the instructions, changed the DB information on both config files (admin/includes and includes), I've also changed all the permissions on the files according to the instructions, and still get the system setup page.

Are you aware of any services or reputable companies that will set this up for me for a nominal charge? I've been fighting with this for some time, and I'm under serious pressure to get this up and running for my busy season. I'm sure it's an easy fix, staring me right in the face.

I'd rather be in my workshop making soap.

OR is there something that you think I may be forgetting?

Plugin Contributions

I've also changed all the permissions on the files according to the instructions,