Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default My hosting service Disables my web site?

ver 1.3.8a

This morning I see my site is Disabled and I get a message from my hosting service Pima Host that they disabled my site because
    "Due to your account consuming CPU resources over and above what is normal your account has been suspended"..

I have no idea where to go with this. I have made no changes to my site (except add new products regularly plus a video about 3 months ago) since I upgraded back in February. So, all of a sudden I get this generic statement of CPU over utilization.

And, the worst part is this message they display for all visitors to see, YIKES. :
    (BIG BOLD FONTS -->) This Account Has Been Suspended
    Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible, or login to your account at https://secure.pimahost.com/clientarea.php

Gives the impression I did something unethical.

Any idea what could cause this? Again, NOTHING has been added since February Thanks,
    Kevin
    www.cvtreasures.com
    Last edited by kevinmc3; 24 Sep 2009 at 04:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My hosting service Disables my web site?

Quote Originally Posted by kevinmc3 View Post
    This morning I see my site is Disabled and I get a message from my hosting service Pima Host ...
    It would be most efficient for you to contact your host about the problem, such as getting clarification about what exactly they mean, perhaps about what things *they* see might be contributing to it, including recent traffic increases to your site, etc etc etc.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Oh Yes. Definitely contacted and communicated immeditely with hosting service. BUt, the only answer I got was my site was using too much CPU with no idea what exactly might be causing it. Hence, I thought maybe someone in the forum might have an idea what could "suddenly" cause such a spike in CPU from a web site.

I've been trying to get access so I can strip my homepage of any analytics code that might be the culprit but still can't get access.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You probably need to analyze traffic logs.

If your "analytics" code is hosted externally, then that's unlikely to cause *your* server's CPU load to increase.
    But aggressive indexing by search engines, or extended attack attempts by hackers could increase traffic which would naturally increase CPU load.
    The logs should tell you more info.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Here is good example of WHY it is ever so critical to find a good, competent hosting service.

Hosting services take notice what happens when you issue NOT very well thought out error or status messages for your customer's web sites.

My #1 keyword for my business is "movie posters". Look in the attached image how Google cached my web site (title stripped with just the keyword and look at the site description) from the message my hosting service redirected to because my site apparently was using too much CPU.

WOW!

Plugin Contributions

Are you using SMTP as your email transport method? Adrian

Plugin Contributions

Oh Yes. Definitely contacted and communicated immeditely with hosting service. BUt, the only answer I got was my site was using too much CPU with no idea what exactly might be causing it.
    There are many ways to find out which process is causing excessive CPU usage. If your Hoster cannot tell 'exactly' which process of yours is causing the excessive CPU usage, then time to switch Hosters.

Things you can do on your own is to check your Stats program within your Hosting Control Panel to see what files are being accessed the most. Also a good way to see if others are Hot linking; which means stealing your Data transfer and causing excessive CPU usage.

As to your image of Google results, it was unfortunate timing for the SE Bot to show up when you site was Suspended. You should be able to have Google do a new update, pretty quickly, as I see you site is functional again.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Website Rob View Post
    There are many ways to find out which process is causing excessive CPU usage. If your Hoster cannot tell 'exactly' which process of yours is causing the excessive CPU usage, then time to switch Hosters.

Things you can do on your own is to check your Stats program within your Hosting Control Panel to see what files are being accessed the most. Also a good way to see if others are Hot linking; which means stealing your Data transfer and causing excessive CPU usage.

As to your image of Google results, it was unfortunate timing for the SE Bot to show up when you site was Suspended. You should be able to have Google do a new update, pretty quickly, as I see you site is functional again.
    Thanks Rob. Good advice. I agree, I am not sure WHY the hosting service can NOT isolate the exact cause of the high CPU usage on their server they say caused by my web site. They did give me a list of al the images my web site is pulling externally but doesn't help much to figure the exact cause. It has taken me a very LONG time to get ranked for this major keyword, I only hope this does not have a negative impact.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lotii10396 View Post
    Are you using SMTP as your email transport method? Adrian

No. I actually don;t use the hosting service email at all, except to redirect to my own email address.

Plugin Contributions

No. I actually don;t use the hosting service email at all, except to redirect to my own email address.

Sorry, not being clear enough! In the admin console you can set Zen Cart to use different email transport methods - this is what your site uses to process site emails (contact us page, purchase notifications, etc.). I have recently had a simliar experience to yours myself so was just curious to know if your setup was the same as mine: email transport = smtp (php is the default).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast