Plugin Contributions

Default Turn Off Buy Now in Document General Type?

I have set up v. 1.3.8a and have also added the Ceon URI SEO. I am a crafter and want to set up pages that describe the different materials I use. This also has brought people from SEs based on their search for the material.

I have set up a category called "Materials" and restricted the products to "Document - General". Then I have added a "product" for different materials.

Here is the page:

http://www.maggielakewoodworks.com/materials

Here is my current issue. Under Product Types, I unchecked the "This Product can be added to cart" box, assuming that there would not be a "buy now" button on the category page or an "add to cart button" on the product page. However, these buttons are there and when pressed it actually adds to the cart. There is no price since this is informational only and I am not selling these.

If unchecking the add to cart box doesn't remove the add to cart button, is there another way on the "Document - General" type to do this?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Turn Off Buy Now in Document General Type

What happens if you turn off your SEO/rewrites?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Turn Off Buy Now in Document General Type?

No change.

Also, I have the Google Checkout add-on installed. I turned it off and still have the same issue.

Plugin Contributions

Sometimes I can see the page name product_info and sometimes I cannot with your SEO/rewrites turned on ...

Products setup as Document General would not have the product_info ...

Both the Category and the Products should be set to Document General and the page would show in the URL as:
    document_general_info

In the Admin, when editing a Document General you would see in the URL:
    document_general

NOTE: just because a Category is marked as Document General does not mean you could not have Products in it due to the flexibility of how you can build Categories and Products ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

OK, I think I understand. I have to select the Product Type when I hit the New Product button in the admin screen. This brings up a different input screen for the product for Document - General than, say, Product - General.

I don't see an attribute in the product edit screen for Product Type, so I assume that it has to be selected when creating the product.

I set up a new product in the Materials category using Document - General and got the results I was looking for.

Thanks for your quick assistance.

p.s. I noticed that one one of the existing Materials had not had the SEO URI set yet.

Plugin Contributions

Note: if that whole category is Document General, you can edit the Category and set that ... now it will be the only choice for the NEW PRODUCT button ...
    Linda McGrath