Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Free Shipping/Shipping Estimator problem

Hello, I'm using ZC 1.38a.

Here's my issue:

I want Free Shipping with a $100 purchase to the Lower 48 States of the USA.

I have assigned the 48 states to a zone I named "Lower 48".

Turned on the Free Options module. Edited the module: Free Shipping when Total >= 100.
    Assigned the shipping zone to "Lower 48" which I created above.

Here's the issue - if a customer in Alaska or Hawaii or Guam, etc estimates shipping, it indicates they should get Free Shipping.

What am I doing wrong? Please help, Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free Shipping/Shipping Estimator problem

OK, I think I figured it out -

In Modules / Order Total, I had the 'Free Shipping' portion of Shipping/ot_Shipping set to True.

Apparently, this overrides the Freeoptions configuration.

At least I hope I have this correctly, now.

Please, if anyone knows whether or not this is a correct setup, feel free to chime in here!

Thanks...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that you have two Free Shipping methods and just needed to turn off the Modules ... Order Totals ... Shipping ... Free Shipping on Orders Over $XX.XX ...

Good choice on the Free Shipping Options freeoptions for this feature ... many mistakenly pick the Free Shipping freeshipper and that is used for 0 weight or Always Free Shipping and used for Everyone ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    I am adding Paypal as a payment option on my site. I offer free shipping on all orders and this runs fine with the Nochex but when an order goes through to the Paypal payment page it keeps adding £2 onto the order. Does anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks
    Ruth

Plugin Contributions

Dear Ajeh,

Sorry for bothering you, but I know you are an expert on this issue.

I cloned the Free Shipping Options over the shipping module and now I have two free shipping options that I want to offer free shipping options for Asian countries (Total over $800) and other foreign countries (Total over $1500).

I defined two zones over Zone Definitions - Taxes, Payment and Shipping. One zone with Asian countries like Singapore and one zone with foreign countries like US.

The problem is that it works fine when the Shipping Zone is set to none - the option with green pic under the sort order in the Shipping Modules page, but when it is set to the defined zone, the option in the Shipping Modules page turns yellow and doesn't work.

Please kindly help as I have already struggled for hours, but no other alternatives, but ask here. Thanks.

James

Plugin Contributions

The yellow means you have a Zone set ...

You need to check your Zone Definitions to ensure that you have included the right ones for each of your Zones ...

Then check the Modules ... Shipping ... and make sure that you have them configured for the right amounts on the Total >= XXX ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Dear Ajeh,

I have checked all possible settings, but still cannot fix it.

Could you please kindly help take a look at the admin area and see what is wrong?

Thanks millions a lot!

James
    Last edited by Ajeh; 12 Oct 2009 at 07:04 PM. Reason: remove code

Plugin Contributions

I am not seeing anything wrong ...

The Free Shipping Options shipping modules appear to be showing correctly for the right zones when the right amount is in the shopping cart ...

NOTE: be sure to delete that Admin login that you made for me ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    ...you have two Free Shipping methods and just needed to turn off the Modules ... Order Totals ... Shipping ... Free Shipping on Orders Over $XX.XX ...
    I just stumbled onto this conflict. I'm completely confused. What is the difference exactly between

Modules > Order Total Modules > Shipping > Allow Free Shipping

and

Modules > Shipping > Free Shipping Options (freeoptions)

They seem to do exactly the same thing, except the latter has more options.

And what happens if you have them both set (as I had)? Does one override the other? (Seems the former overrides the latter on the Shipping page of the checkout.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Good choice on the Free Shipping Options freeoptions for this feature ... many mistakenly pick the Free Shipping freeshipper and that is used for 0 weight or Always Free Shipping and used for Everyone ...
    Wouldn't it make more sense to combine the freeshipper and freeoptions modules, along with the order totals shipping module, into one single simplified free shipping module? This is awfully confusing having three different modules/places to set up free shipping.

Plugin Contributions

There are many methods of Free shipping as there are many reasons you may want to use them ...

Modules ... Order Total ... Shipping ot_shipping ...
    Let's say you want nothing but Free Shipping when the Order reaches $75.00 for National (matches the Store Country) ... or International (any country not matching the Store Country) ... or Both ...

NOTE: this turns off all shipping modules when it displays ...

Modules ... Shipping ... FREE SHIPPING! freeshipper ...
    Let's say you want to offer Free Shipping on a Product with 0 weight (when 0 weight is set to mean Free Shipping in the Configuration ... Shipping/Packaging) ... or when Products are marked as Always Free Shipping ... (note Always Free Shipping means for "Everyone") ...

NOTE: no other shipping module shows when this shipping module shows as it is triggered by things that turn OFF the other shipping modules, 0 weight or Always Free Shipping ...

Modules ... Shipping ... Free Shipping Options freeoptions ...
    Let's say you want to offer regular shipping modules, such as UPS, USPS, etc. but you also want to offer a Free Shipping Option ... you could have this one show with the others "all of the time" by setting the Total >= 0 ... or you could set a condition such as Total >= 25.00 ... or Weigh <= 12 ...

Then, of course, you can customize all of these modules further for other conditions for when they run or don't run as well in the code ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast