Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default No Google Checkout Button...still.

Really I've grown quite tired of tracking this by now. I've looked through all of the threads RE: google checkout and still don't have an answer.

I have installed and tested my responsehandler and all is well... my account both in sandbox and real doesn't show a google checkout option. I've tried it all and have so many backups of my templates folder i've lost place.

It has never worked from day one, and I though it was a sandbox issue but apparently not.

Can anyone please offer a concise description of how to get the GC button to actually show up? The module is activated, the code is in default_login and shopping_cart_default and orders etc.

I'm going to link to my tpl's that need the google code and there's a $30 PayPal bonus for someone who can answer this question simply and get this working.

http://alderwoodgroup.com/gcheckout.zip

GC 1.4.7
    ZC 1.8.3a
    apache

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: No Google Checkout Button...still.

update:

Well I've narrowed it down a bit here...

After adding the goggle code to my tpl_shopping_cart_default.php not only does the Google Checkout button not appear but NOTHING after the Google checkout code appears behold:

Without Code modification:

[SCR]http://junkfiles.org/nocode1.jpg[/SCR]

the page displays like this:

[SCR]http://junkfiles.org/nocode2.jpg[/SCR]

NOW with the GC code:

[SCR]http://junkfiles.org/withcode1.jpg[/SCR]

the page displays like this:

[SCR]http://junkfiles.org/withcode2.jpg[/SCR]

The same goes with code added to the login tpl.

Any ideas? It's obvious the code "breaks" the page but why?
    Last edited by Kim; 9 Oct 2009 at 02:55 AM.

Plugin Contributions

I installed the files from your zip on my test site and the GC button showed fine; no problems. I think you may be missing a file somewhere else.

I'll take a wild stab at this: is googlecheckout.php present in the \includes\modules\payment\ folder? Deleting that file is the only thing I tried that wiped out the shopping cart like the screenshot you uploaded.
    Last edited by slomojojo; 8 Oct 2009 at 12:56 AM. Reason: typo

Plugin Contributions

is googlecheckout.php present in the \includes\modules\payment\ folder?
    I was thinking the same thing, but that file is present.

Code:
     include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'show_google_components.php');
    is obviously what breaks it, so i'm trying to work backwards from there:

show_google_components.php contains only the following code:

Code:
    	if (defined('MODULE_PAYMENT_GOOGLECHECKOUT_STATUS') && MODULE_PAYMENT_GOOGLECHECKOUT_STATUS == 'True') {
    	  include('googlecheckout/gcheckout.php');
      }

So I move on to gcheckout (which is also present) and the first include/require is the file you mentioned:

Code:
    require('includes/languages/' .  $_SESSION['language'] . '/' .'modules/payment/googlecheckout.php');
    require_once('includes/modules/payment/googlecheckout.php');
    So I verified that both of those files were in the correct location.

The final includes/requires in that page are:

Code:
    require('googlecheckout/library/googlecart.php');
    require('googlecheckout/library/googleitem.php');
    require('googlecheckout/library/googleshipping.php');
    require('googlecheckout/library/googletax.php');
    So I verified the location and existence of these... and still no go.

So really following that logic the only thing i can think of is that:

the initial code in the shopping cart (login et. al.) (DIR_WS_MODULES . 'show_google_components.php');

can't find the file show_google_components.php at all (so it never even knows to go deeper for the other files) and subsequently breaks the rest of the page. I'm not familiar enough with PHP and it's error handling to know if a failed include directive will cause the preprocessor to stop parsing the page...this may be the case.

That's all I can come up with right now, does this seem right?
    maybe a path issue? is DIR_WS_MODULES defined somewhere? even then wouldn't other pages/modules be broken?

seriously...i like a good problem but i'm growing thin on this one.

Plugin Contributions

I've tested it some more and I still think it's a problem with the googlecheckout.php file located in \includes\modules\payment\ folder.

Don't forget, there's 2 files named googlecheckout.php with completely different content. The other is at \includes\languages\english\modules\payment\ and they're extremely easy to mix up. I would upload all the installation files again, one by one, and test the results. I'd also check the settings on the FTP client just in case the files are getting corrupted during the upload.

Plugin Contributions

I've reinstalled each page deleting the previous version (this makes it like 17 times to date)

are there any permissions issues i should have with this file? currently it's 644. both exist in their correct locations.

can you verify this is the correct file for modules/payment?

[SCR]http://junkfiles.org/gchex.jpg[/SCR]

I'm in agreement with you that a file isn't being found not necessarily googlecheckout.php, but definately a file referred to by "show_google_components"... are you aware if PHP stops preprocessing on a missing include/require?
    Is there a way for ME to force an output of an error to the display? I'm truly baffled at this point.
    Last edited by Kim; 9 Oct 2009 at 02:55 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Darn, that looks right. The file size and permissions are correct. The other googlecheckout.php is a language define file of 9,130 bytes; that needs to be present also.

I'm baffled too. Yeah, the PHP is broken somewhere. The thing is, it's not just GC that's broken in your screenshot, it's the entire page after GC: Paypal Express and the Shipping estimator right on to the footer. Every other GC file I deleted when I tested it broke GC only, but Paypal and the rest of the shopping cart page still loaded. Only deleting either of the 2 googlecheckout.php files broke the entire shopping cart page; that's why I pointed them out.

Sorry to have gotten you on the wrong track.

Maybe Dr. Byte's error debug utility would help with more detailed PHP errors: http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=860

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by slomojojo View Post

Sorry to have gotten you on the wrong track.

Maybe Dr. Byte's error debug utility would help with more detailed PHP errors: http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=860

whaaaaat?... no way man. I'm totally off track already

I installed the above bit of code you suggested and lo and behold something in the down the line (enough with the train references) from show_google_components does in fact cause a fatal PHP error. Which explains why the preprocessor stops at that include.

check it out...

[08-Oct-2009 10:18:18] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare compare() (previously declared in /home5/peaceou1/public_html/includes/functions/extra_functions/added_function_for_google_checkout.php:345) in /home5/peaceou1/public_html/googlecheckout/gcheckout.php on line 417

I haven't looked at these pages yet but will just now, What are your initial thoughts?

Plugin Contributions

This file, added_function_for_google_checkout.php, belongs in the /admin/includes folder. It looks from that error like it's in the wrong includes folder.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, that is correct.

The file should be in the admin/includes/functions/extra_functions folder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast