Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal IPN Duplicate Orders

I am having a problem I am not sure there is an easy resolution to lol

Since Jan 9, I noticed that I was getting twice the paypal debug emails I normally get which at that stage didn't concern me at all, so I left it, then last week I noticed that the reward points that normally were automatically assigned to pending status in a customer's account weren't being assigned at all, with Paypal IPN this usually happens when the transaction is recorded as unique instead of web_accept (activating PDT usually records them as web_accept) so I checked Paypal IPN in admin and all orders since this date were recorded as unique.

Also since this date I was receiving PP debug emails from the store whenever someone paid me through my account...not the store...so I started thinking this was a PP problem and not related to the store, yet they swear blind it is the store script and not them.

I posted in the SSU SEO Mod support thread as the only change that had been made on my website was that I upgraded the mod on the 9th, the result being that after turning off SSU and placing a test order, I now got duplicate orders recorded into the database, so I don't believe the mod is at fault.

After giving this some more thought, at the same time I upgraded the mod I also followed the instructions to change the Automatic Return URL in my Paypal account from the default https://www.havendesignz.com/store/i...eckout_process to the SSU generated URL of https://www.havendesignz.com/store/checkout_process

I have since the previous postings in the support thread tested this several times today by changing that url back and forth between orders and every time I get the same results...default url on generates the duplicate orders, ssu url on seems to prevent the duplicate orders but records the 'second IPN sending' of the unique transaction ID, and in each case the paypal logs have been identical in structure, just the way they are recorded into the database is different.

Paypal swears blind it is the store script and not them at fault, yet I remember when they did actually have a problem with their server generating duplicated orders last year (I got caught in that one too LOL)

Between the 9th (last 'normal' order recorded) and the 11th (first of these non-normal) the *only* change made in any area was the SSU mod upgrade and changing the return url in Paypal settings.

This is a book LOL and I'm sorry, I just need some help trying to figure this out if possible because I want it to go back to recording just the one order as web_accept...anyone have any ideas?
    HunnyBee Design
    "A man's manners are a mirror in which he shows his portrait." ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal IPN Duplicate Orders

And are you having the same problem with a stock installation?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Kim, I haven't tried switching back to classic and making a test order, but I do have a separate default stock installation I do my designing on, so I might activate the PP on that and get someone to test it for me, will get back to you with the results :)
    HunnyBee Design
    "A man's manners are a mirror in which he shows his portrait." ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I ended up with two of my friends making test orders on a default installation for me and both got the exact same results as my live cart....this leads me to believe it *has* to be a problem on Paypal's end right?

And yup I changed both URL's in my PP account to go back to the test install before testing lol

Blah, off to battle with them yet again LOL
    HunnyBee Design

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

There have been occasional reports of PayPal IPN transactions showing duplicates.
    While it's been difficult to recreate the problem consistently in order to debug any potential problems on the ZC end, it has been reported that turning off the PDT option stops the duplication from occurring.
    That may or may not work for you.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanx DrByte, I did consider turning off the PDT but I activated it to make full use of the reward point mod (which I am conversely now not getting lol)

Since this started happening completely out of the blue and has been confirmed to be happening also on a completely clean install I am convinced it is something that needs fixing on Paypal's end and sent them the new logs of the testing this morning, and I have my fingers crossed I won't keep butting up against the same wall I have been butting up against with them since first reporting this lol

I will have to wait till after the weekend though as I believe their operating hours for the merchant support are Mon-Fri.

I am wondering though if they tried something late yesterday as the duplicate orders have not been recorded in the database since my testing and email to them then, just the logs are recording IPN sending the info twice, on both my store and the clean install....not sure there LOL
    HunnyBee Design

Plugin Contributions

I am revisiting this because I feel as if I have hit a brick wall and Paypal is still refusing to even entertain the notion that this could be an error from their end, and a fresh set of eyes or any other suggestions at this point would be most welcome.

Since my original posting, I have tested on a clean fresh install of ZC...same result....I have in turn turned off both the IPN and the PDT in my Paypal Account, my hosting has gone above and beyond in their attempts to help me out, they even moved me from one server to another and in every case there is NO change, the results are exactly the same in that IPN is sending the information back to the store twice, once as web_accept and the second as unique.

I have done every single thing that has been requested and more, I have spent hours pouring over similar threads here and trying all suggestions there and still nothing changes the end result.

I, at this point, remain firmly convinced that there is an error of some sort from Paypal's end creating this, especially since it started right out of the blue, but no one there is willing to look into it further, I just get 'We have not changed the way we handle IPN processing.'

Anyone have any ideas?
    HunnyBee Design

Plugin Contributions

The test site you set up, is it on the same server? Just a wild guess, but how about using a different server to test?
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Is PDT still turned off?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1912 View Post
    The test site you set up, is it on the same server? Just a wild guess, but how about using a different server to test?
    Yep it is on the same server, the testing was done on the previous server though, and my hosting have since migrated me to a new server where the same issue is still happening....I don't have another server to test on lol

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Is PDT still turned off?
    Yes it is still turned off :)
    HunnyBee Design

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast