Is there an addon, or something that gives us a "simple mode" to make the product editing have only the most common fields used when entering a product? There are like 15x fields I don't need and 10x fields I need that are custom to the site's products when we are on the product edit pages. This what our current/old site has in a custom product editing page, the whole cart is custom, and it's crap, about the only good thing is that it doesn't have all the extra things that don't apply to our products, and has what we do need there. So for example our current product editing page has

1. Title-text field
  2. Description-text area
  3. Instruction-text area
  4. Product type-dropdown box, all this does is change the text on the prices so it says "buy 100x widgets" vs. "buy 1x widgets".
  5. Price1-text field
  6. Price2-text field
  7. Price3-text field
  8. Price4-text field

The other problem is that we sell products where we have 4 different prices/attribute/options/variants whatever you want to call them that are unique prices for each individual product, so I can't use a discount formula or anything, each individual price has to be manually typed in. Currently we have to do this one by one in the attributes controller, which is huge pain, and I could never have anyone non-technical doing that. I don't want to do it either because is super slow and tedious editing this way.

What about product types? Could this solve our problem, and allow us to make a product editing page like we currently have with the 4x attribute prices too?

It's a nightmare trying to edit products right now, what took me 10 seconds to do now takes 5 minutes or more to do for each product in zencart. And we still have to populate our zencart site with 800x products we currently sell, so I'd love to have an easier way.