Plugin Contributions

Default some help please, salemaker issue and ssl images

hey there all, I hope somebody can offer me some advice.
    I have been chisseling away at my online website and store and am just about ready to launch, have not had much trouble thanks to all the great info on this forum and in the tutorials. I am so glad I found zen cart, thanks to all who worked on zen cart it is a life saver.
    I Just wanted to check these few things if they can be improved before i launch. (cant find any real solutions online)

1) I use attributes to allow options on ordering a product otherwise I would be uploading thousands of products. This great feature saves me alot of time and also the customer time on surfing to find the correct product. The attributes affect the end price. My issue is trying to add a salemaker as it only discounts the default attribute / product. The discounted amount does carry onto the attributes but is there a way to allow the salemaker to discount the attributes too? Or even simply discount the cart total?
    eg: atm here is what is happening:
    Product 2mm £10 (sale = 20% = £8)
    option 3mm + 2 (8 +2 = £10)
    option 4mm +4 (8 + 4 = £12)
    etc etc
    as you can see my customers arent getting the full bebefit of 20% off every product. If you could help me resolve this you could be saving my customers lots of money and also save me from having to complicate my store and save me loads of time and work.

A similar query was here: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138464

2) I have another easier query. I have added a couple of images to my main page using the define pages html editor. I have noticed though that these images arent being delivered securely where all the other product and logo images are. I have tried changing the read write options but that does not seem to help.
    Is there a way to allow these images to load up in ssl mode the same as the others?

I apreciate the help guys, any advice would be apreciated.
    I will send a link to my site when I launch it and u can all let me know what u think.
    thanks again

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: some help please, salemaker issue and ssl images

2) You should add images that will show up on secured pages using relative paths (../images/yourimage.gif) rather than absolute paths (http://). Your main page shouldn't be secured, though.

Plugin Contributions

thanks stevesh thats works perfectly...
    much apreciated. Now I know for future.

The mainpage does not load up in ssl mode until the customer logs in, then the store seems to go in ssl mode, thanks for your help.

Hopefully someone can help with the salemaker?
    cheers

Plugin Contributions

kinda figure there isnt a way to do the salemaker take discounts off the attribute price so I have had to just create seperate products for each attribute. This allows me to tweak prices easier anyhow. Although it is more work, I suppose my customers get the benefit.

Perhaps it is something zencart could consider in later releases, a salemaker discount option on the cart total.