Plugin Contributions

Default the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never comp

Good Morning~

I've seen where this has been a problem for others before but I do not know how to fix it. The symptoms are always a little different.

I goto the site and push Login - as if I'm a returning customer- I get the screen to enter my info- enter it and then push login- I get

"Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."

If I push back and then login again, I get the error but if I goto the home page again and then back to the login page, it works fine.

Also, if I have something in the cart, it works fine to begin with.

I was getting the error as soon as I clicked the login button from my home page- never getting the opportunity to enter username and password. I added this to the htacess file and the error basically moved:

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^MYSITE.com$
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.MYSITE.com/$1 [R=301,L]

Any suggestions as to what to look at next?

Nancy

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never c

A link would help us to help you.... Have checkout modules installed like FEC or ESL?

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never c

Site: (sorry it's for a friend so I have to be a little careful)

my c i r c l e lens.com

No extra check mods- except Google Checkout

I thought that I had it fixed but realized that when I left the site and started over, it was back. Which leads me to think is a cookie problem???

Thanks
    Nancy

Plugin Contributions

I believe that this is turning out to be a Simple SEO URL issue...

I'm still looking...

Plugin Contributions

It was Simple SEO URLs (SSU)- I upgraded that and it seems to be working properly!

Plugin Contributions

I seem to be having the same problem. I also have Simple SEO URL installed. Can you tell me if you got rid of the problem by upgrading from a previous version, or did you simply reinstall it? I have a recent install but it's having this problem during login.

Thanks.