Plugin Contributions

Default Customer Receipt / Purchase Confirmation

When I purchase a product on my page, I recieve 2 emails with same reciept. I'm interested in Changing the address from which these emails are sent, and the name that appears as the sender. One of the reciept is being sent from authorize.net, but the other is being sent from my orginal email that i may or may not have used when setting up the zen cart. Any suggestions?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer Receipt / Purchase Confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by mthddsgns View Post
    When I purchase a product on my page, I recieve 2 emails with same reciept. I'm interested in Changing the address from which these emails are sent, and the name that appears as the sender. One of the reciept is being sent from authorize.net, but the other is being sent from my orginal email that i may or may not have used when setting up the zen cart. Any suggestions?
    You're obviously using Authorize.net as your payment gateway.
    As such, customers will receive 2 emails:
    a) one from Authorize.net confirming the purchase details. If you want to turn that off, call your authnet account rep and have them change the setting in your account. You cannot control the "send from" details of those emails.
    b) one from your store outlining the purchase details. The email will use your store's name as the sender name (Admin->Configuration->My Store->Store Name), and the "email from" address as the sending email address (Admin->Configuration->Email Options->SEND FROM Email address).
    Any changes you make to those admin settings will affect ALL emails sent from your store.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Both of these settings are set to what I want them to be, yet the email reciept is still coming from a completely different name, and completely different email.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The email sent from Authorize.net as a confirmation of the credit card activity is ALWAYS going to show as coming from Authorize.net.
    If you want those emails to NOT be sent, you can disable them either by asking your Authorize.net representative to change a setting in your account, or you can change the setting in your Admin->Modules->Payment screen:
    Customer Notifications
    Should Authorize.Net email a receipt to the customer?
    - True
    - False

Merchant Notifications
    Should Authorize.Net email a receipt to the merchant?
    - True
    - False

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.