Plugin Contributions

Default Fatal error: Cannot redeclare bmz_clear_cache() ... vs site backup and re-install

I had always assumed I had a backup on my PHP files on my computer, never thinking when changes are made (dah) it was no longer a valid backup.

I recently became aware of two backup mods (Backup My Site PHP & Backup My SQL Plugin) for Zen Cart, and had a few questions.

I'd like to use these mods on three small sites.

One of those sites the store is an add in domain with SSL thru Go Daddy. On that site, I have a problem. I have the front end of the site up, but the back end is not accessible due to the following
    Fatal error: Cannot redeclare bmz_clear_cache()

I tried to carefully delete the IH and bmz files but it still does not bring up the adminiatrative home. The Store front is still operational. I do have a current backup of the database in a sql file.

I plan to do a fresh install of ZC on a subdomain of this site. In order to be able to use the backup, doesn't the database have to be the same name in order to reinstall the database? I don't want it to damage the current database on the same server?
    I know the SSL on that site may also cause problems.

The other two sites are operational, and one is an added domain on the other. If I set up added domains to each as a test store
    I'd have a backup if I had problems with these backup mods.

I'm still not sure about what name those databases should have.

As these mods don't appear to have any support, I just want to be sure.

Does it sound like I'm doing road construction here with a pick and shovel?

Is there an easier way?
    Sandy

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare bmz_clear_cache() ... vs site backup and re-install

The best and easiest way is to run a full backup from your hosting control panel.... These mods are designed for folks who have cheap hosting in which backups are disabled.

If this is you, then the second issue becomes if your carts will have adequate permissions to run these backup modules. If you are hosted w/ GoDaddy, you should likely move.

Additionally, both modules will require admin access to run. So if you have admin errors, even if you are able to backup, I would seriously doubt the quality of the produced backups as well.

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.