Plugin Contributions

Default Product "id" numbers differ for each prod attribute

I have a dilemma involving a client with a pre-existing database driven website wishing to migrate to Zen Cart. The dilemma revolves around the pre-existing system which has allowed them to assign a specific "product code" to each variation (attributes) of a given product.

At first this was not apparent as an issue but unless i'm wrong, or there is a mod to allow for this, there doesn't appear to be a way to accomodate this using Zen Cart. Please tell me i'm wrong...

Example:
    Existing product name: "Widget1"
    this product comes in several variations: "Small", "Large", "Large Gold Plated"

Existing Product Codes (which the client uses to track via Quickbooks, etc) might be something like:

"Wi1s"
    "Wi1L"
    "Wi1G"

As you can see, these are the eqivalent of a "model number" ....but assigned at the attribute level for a product rather than the Product Level.

Any thoughts on how to duplicate??? Any mods available to add a field to the attributes within the attribute controller?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product "id" numbers differ for each prod attribute

I'm after the same solution.

I think what we need is the Product Attribute Codes Addon for osCommerce to be translated in Zen Cart.
    oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4888

Does anyone know if it's possible to install this addon into Zen Cart?

Plugin Contributions

I'm sure it may be possible to port it over ...however, I've not got the time myself. Basic guidelines to achieve this are here
    (I hear the next release is supposed to have this capability built in - surely in a more efficient way)

What i ended up doing was to incorporate the SKU (product Codes) directly into the option value itself.

Example: where the option value might normally have been just "red" and used for a red shirt option, now we have a value of something like: "MSR * Medium Shirt - RED" . Of course, we also have to have "SSR * Small Shirt - RED" & "LSR * Marge Shirt - RED" too...

Cumbersome, for sure ..but it worked for now. The big problem I ran into was that one cannot reuse option values over again ....as the option is not now just "RED" but each of the options have a SKU and therefore are tied to a specific product. (We now have as many differnet Option Values as we have product options.) :-(

Oh well.... so many of the seemingly simplest things become nightmares when one tries to create a product suitable for all....

Plugin Contributions

After messing around for about 4 hours I gave up and hired a programmer on scriptlance.com who did it for me. If you want it post a job on scriptlance and get mrphpguru to do it.

If you post a job for him but he doesn't bid let me know and I'll make it happen. He will only charge around $25 or even cheaper now he's already done it before.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Did mrphpguru modify the osCommerce addon and send you the files so that you have the full working files as a Zen-Cart addon, or did he get it to work in your Zen-Cart install?

Want to get this installed in my store, but not sure if I should get my current coder to do it.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

i too need this..

I am willing to pay for for this feature and for it to be available to the community on the free downloads section........
    (must work with stock by attribute and attributes grid)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by adam2020 View Post
    After messing around for about 4 hours I gave up and hired a programmer on scriptlance.com who did it for me. If you want it post a job on scriptlance and get mrphpguru to do it.

If you post a job for him but he doesn't bid let me know and I'll make it happen. He will only charge around $25 or even cheaper now he's already done it before.
    Hi Adam2020
    Thanks so much for helping and guiding, we also want to have the same module for zencart with product options ,and can you let me know how this works or looks.
    If you can send me a screen shot and then i will be paying $25.