Plugin Contributions

Default MY blank page error:T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING /includes/languages/english/create_acc

Hello.

Getting a blank page when I test my site by signing in to create an account to make my purchase. After I fill out all the required info - blank page.

I'm not fluent in code so if anyone could help me out and let me know what's required to fix this line, I'd appreciate it.

Here is the error message:
    PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected
    T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/mytestsite/public_html/includes/languages/english/create_account.php on line 37

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: MY blank page error:T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING /includes/languages/english/create

Oh, and here is the page in question.
    PHP Code:
    <?php
    /**
     * @package languageDefines
     * @copyright Copyright 2003-2006 Zen Cart Development Team
     * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
     * @license [url]http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt[/url] GNU Public License V2.0
     * @version $Id: create_account.php 5745 2007-02-01 00:52:06Z ajeh $
     */

define('NAVBAR_TITLE''Create an Account');

define('HEADING_TITLE''My Account Information');

define('TEXT_ORIGIN_LOGIN''<strong class="note">NOTE:</strong> If you already have an account with us, please login at the <a href="%s">login page</a>.');

// greeting salutation
    define('EMAIL_SUBJECT''Welcome to ' STORE_NAME);
    define('EMAIL_GREET_MR''Dear Mr. %s,' "\n\n");
    define('EMAIL_GREET_MS''Dear Ms. %s,' "\n\n");
    define('EMAIL_GREET_NONE''Dear %s' "\n\n");

// First line of the greeting
    define('EMAIL_WELCOME''We wish to welcome you to <strong>' STORE_NAME '</strong>.');
    define('EMAIL_SEPARATOR''--------------------');
    define('EMAIL_COUPON_INCENTIVE_HEADER''Congratulations! To make your next visit to our online shop a more rewarding experience, listed below are details for our site' "\n\n");
    // your Discount Coupon Description will be inserted before this next define
    //define('EMAIL_COUPON_REDEEM', 'To use the Discount Coupon, enter the ' . TEXT_GV_REDEEM . ' code during checkout:  <strong>%s</strong>' . "\n\n");
    //define('TEXT_COUPON_HELP_DATE', '<p>The coupon is valid between %s and %s</p>');

//define('EMAIL_GV_INCENTIVE_HEADER', 'Just for stopping by today, we have sent you a ' . TEXT_GV_NAME . ' for %s!' . "\n");
    //define('EMAIL_GV_REDEEM', 'The ' . TEXT_GV_NAME . ' ' . TEXT_GV_REDEEM . ' is: %s ' . "\n\n" . 'You can enter the ' . TEXT_GV_REDEEM . ' during //Checkout, after making your selections in the store. ');
    //define('EMAIL_GV_LINK', ' Or, you may redeem it now by following this link: ' . "\n");
    // GV link will automatically be included before this line

define('EMAIL_GV_LINK_OTHER','Once you have added the ' TEXT_GV_NAME ' to your account, you may use the ' TEXT_GV_NAME ' for yourself, or send it to a friend!' "\n\n");

define('EMAIL_TEXT''With your account, you can now take part in the <strong>various services</strong> we have to offer you. Some of these services include:' "\n\n" '<li><strong>Permanent Cart</strong> - Any products added to your online cart remain there until you remove them, or check them out.' "\n\n" '<li><strong>Address Book</strong> ' ' . "\n\n" . '<li><strong>Order History</strong> - View your history of purchases that you have made with us.' . "\n\n" . '<li><strong>Products Reviews</strong> - Share your opinions on products with our other customers.' . "\n\n");
    define('
    EMAIL_CONTACT', 'For help with any of our online servicesplease email the store-owner: <a href="mailto:' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . '">'. STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS ." </a>\n\n");
    define('
    EMAIL_GV_CLOSURE','Sincerely,' . "\n\n" . STORE_OWNER . "\nStore Owner\n\n". '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">'.HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG ."</a>\n\n");

// email disclaimer - this disclaimer is separate from all other email disclaimers
    define('
    EMAIL_DISCLAIMER_NEW_CUSTOMER', 'This email address was given to us by you or by one of our customers. If you did not signup for an account, or feel that you have received this email in errorplease send an email to %');

... rest of file removed by moderator

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: MY blank page error:T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING /includes/languages/english/create

You need to get yourself a text editor that will highlight syntax for you the way the [php] tags above do. Try http://notepad-plus.sf.net

You'll see that you've broken the syntax by leaving stray single-quotes here:
    Code:
     '<li><strong>Address Book</strong> ' ' . "\n\n" . '<li><

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I should have seen that! duh, I looked at it over and over too.
    It's fixed, thanks to you.

Thank you very much, DrByte. And thanks for the tip on the text editor.

Have a great weekend.

Plugin Contributions

I have a blank page error too when trying to click on my account or logging in - as far as I am aware I have not modified the files in question - I did install ultimate seo's. I would appreciate any input on this matter the website is www.bike-force.co.uk

Plugin Contributions

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84613

Fixed using this tool - turns out the blank spaces on my index php file was causing errors. So I eliminated them! thanks!