Plugin Contributions

Default Site moved, now sidebox and footer don't show on main page

I followed the FAQ on moving our site from a subdirectory (/store) to the root directory. Everything went sort of smooth... just a couple issues:

The big one: On the main page my right hand sideboxes and footer aren't showing. I found a couple other threads similar to this (one even after a move) but their fixes haven't seemed to help me. I've tried deleting and re-loading my old template files as well as trying new ones from a fresh download of ZC with no luck. Any help?

The no-so-big problem: I'm using the Wordpress on ZC mod and my blog isn't showing up in the main page. I'm guessing it's an issue that somewhere in the mod I need to change the location of the main page, but I haven't yet found out what I need to change. I haven't spent as much time on this though and can probably find it... my main concern at the moment is getting the sideboxes and footer on the main page to display again, but if someone has moved a site and knows exactly what needs changed in the WOZ mod I'd appreciate not having to search on my own.

Also, is there a reccomended WinMerge substitute for OSX 10.4.11?

My site is at aestheticsbodymod.com and I'm using 1.3.7 if that helps.

Thanks in advance as usual!
    Aesthetics
    Professional piercing, custom body jewelry.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Site moved, now sidebox and footer don't show on main page

The warning and error displayed on that page suggest to me that you've move your store up from the "store" subdirectory to the root directory for your hosting account. But that you have a Wordpress configuration file and haven't told that about the move, so it's trying to find a key file in the defunct subdirectory. The messages name the files and the even give you line number where the problem is happening.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

I feel dumb... I looked through the wp-settings and wp-config files and couldn't find the abspath anywhere. I got the install readme for wp on zc and there's a second wp-config in includes/extra_configures that I needed to change, not the one in the root directory.

It works fine now except for the comments and I can't access the admin side. But it's obviously still looking for the /store subdirectory somewhere so I just need to hunt through to find what's pointing it there I guess.

Thanks for the help!
    Aesthetics

Plugin Contributions

...alright, got it all sorted out.

Now that the move is final, I'd like a 301 redirect so that any time someone goes to /store or /store/anything it redirects back to the root.

I've tried several .htaccess generators online. I don't know if I'm entering the info incorrectly or what, but they're not working. Any help?
    Aesthetics