Plugin Contributions

Default How to add a heading between row 1 and 2 on product listing page?

I've been searching the forum for days to see if it's possible to cross sell a product to a category. haven't found the answer...so here's an alternative. Within each product listing I want to add a heading that will go directly between row 1 and 2 on the product listing page. It will say "You may also like". How can I achieve this?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to add a heading between row 1 and 2 on product listing page?

THere are a few cross sell mods in Free Software Add Ons, above. If they won't do the job, you may be able to see how they do what they do and adapt it.

Plugin Contributions

I have the cross sell mod...but it won't cross sell products to categories as I mentioned in my post. do you know how I can add headings within the product listing page?

Plugin Contributions

Pretty much any modification is possible if you know PHP well enough...

To add a blurb within the product listing, you would edit /includes/modules/your_template/product_listing.php. The largest part of that file is a loop that adds each desired element in the desired order to the listing for a product, then moves to the next product and repeats. It uses $rows as a counter (starting from 0), so you could insert your output code in an appropriate place wrapped in a test for $rows equaling 1 or whatever:
    PHP Code:
    if ($rows == 1){

//your code

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your response Glen. Unfortunately PHP is VERY new to me. If I want to add the heading "You may also like" directly between rows 1 and 2...what should my php code look like?

Also, is it possible to have this display for certain categories? And not on others?

P.S. THIS FORUM ROCKS. thank you so much for your help!

Plugin Contributions

By "rows 1 and 2" do you mean the first two products? I can't take time right now to write the code for it.

You can include a test for $cPath equalling the ones for categories you want to use - look at the comments in /includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_main_page.php for an example using the explode() function.