Plugin Contributions

Default How can I give a $30 off NEXT purchase, when making a purchase today?

Version 1.3.8

1) Want to make gift certificate "Product is Free" but it does not add the $30 value to the amount available because the total is $0.

I want the $30 free with current purchase to be used for future purchases.

2) So I unclicked "Product is Free" and made a coupon code for $30 to apply to the purchase and make the item Free, but I would rather not do it this way because certificate is supposed to be for FUTURE purchases and doing it this way means the coupon code can be used for current order. I tried restricting the coupon code so it can only be used for the certificate, not the purchased product, but this does not work because apparently you cannot use a coupon code for a gift certificate.

3) Another problem is I (as the customer) DO NOT get an email with the coupon recemption code as it says in the instructions. I had to email it to myself from the shopping cart sidebox "Send A Gift Certificate" to get the code.

Any help out there?

Thanks,
    Nancy
    w w w . f i n d my p r o m d r e s s.c o m

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How can I give a $30 off NEXT purchase, when making a purchase today?

You could make a Discount Coupon for $30 off ...

Then customize your Order Email to send the Discount Coupon code to the customer ...

If this is a one time thing, you can check how many orders a customer has, to decide should or shouldn't the Discount Coupon code be sent to the customer ...

There isn't anything built into Zen Cart to manage when the Discount Coupon is sent to a customer other than a Create Account Discount Coupon ...

NOTE: Gift Certificates are "cash" and never expire and Discount Coupons are discounts that can expire ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How can I give a $30 off NEXT purchase, when making a purchase today?

Hi Ajeh,

I have a similar request.

Currently I use the store's in built function to give a $xx Gift Certificate upon registration.

Everything is automated and i love it. I seriously LOVE IT! However it loses my a lot of money because customers simple create 10 accounts. If each of the 10 accounts made 2 orders then i'll break even but they only do 1 order / account (crafty buggers).

I now need to change that to be a $xx Gift Certificate given upon the first order to be used on your second order.

How would i go about doing that?
    Is there a rule that we can define? Instead of sending for new registrations, send it only IF No. of Orders=1
    ----------------

"If this is a one time thing, you can check how many orders a customer has, to decide should or shouldn't the Discount Coupon code be sent to the customer ..."

Are you proposing to do this manually?
    I don't mind using coupons instead of Gift Certificates if it works.

I guess you are proposing to only include the coupon code on the very first order's email. I just don't want them to see the coupon code every time they shop and then realise it has a 1 use expiry.
    How would i include the coupon code into the email template and only have it sent once?

Thanks,
    Shaztesting

Plugin Contributions

One method would be to customize the email going out in the order.php class to test the orders table for orders by the customer based on the customers_id and if there aren't any, then include the Discount Coupon with the order ...

As a Discount Coupon, you can make it an amount or percentage and limit it to 1 use per customer ...

If you think they will still try to abuse the Discount Coupon code, you could have it either build a new Discount Coupon with each order or build a new one each month etc. to help discourage that ...

The advantage of a Discount Coupon is that they have to buy to use it and only 1 use per order ... and they can be set to expire ...

Gift Certificates are cash and never expire pluse they can be sent to another person ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!