Plugin Contributions

Default New images folder doesnt show in product directory drop down menu when adding product

Hello, I added a new category with new products in my Admin-->Catalog-->Category/Products and I wanted to have a new folder in my images/ so I can add my images to it for this new category. I tried adding a folder to images/New Folder and when I went to a product and selected from the directory drop down menu the new folder wasn't in the list. How can I get it to show?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New images folder doesnt show in product directory drop down menu when adding pro

HOW did you create that folder, and WHAT did you call it?
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New images folder doesnt show in product directory drop down menu when adding pro

Well I just created a folder named Dolls and uploaded it to my www/images folder and that's it. This is on my test site on my PC. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

You can verify an image by putting the URL into your Browsers.

i.e.
    rbackyard . net/images/Dolls/someImage

If the image shows in your Browser then you can check permissions on your images directories. If not 777 you should see an error msg. in your Admin when working with a Product.

Plugin Contributions

The problem is that the folder isn't showing up in the list of folders in that images directory when I try to select a folder to put my image in. Do i have to create these folders before I install Zencart so they are recognized?

Plugin Contributions

Yes, any image sub-directory needs to be created manually and with 777 permissions.

If I recall correctly though, Zen Cart will only show 1 level of image sub-directories.

i.e.
    images/sub1 << will show in drop list when adding/editting a product

images/sub1/subA << will not show but can still be used

Plugin Contributions

This is weird..... Now its showing up in the list! I tried this several times yesterday and couldn't get it to work now it its working... Crazy

Thanks!