Plugin Contributions

Default Missing Orders Suddenly

Hi,
    We are using version 1.3.7 and just recently we are not receiving any notificaton that our customers have bought anything when in fact they have. Also, when they pay by credit card the money has been taken out of their bank account as many as 3 times. We are not aware of any changes to our zen cart and cannot understand what is happening.
    Can anybody help?
    We are very inexperienced as far as IT goes so any simple explanation will be appreciated.
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Missing Orders Suddenly

Hi Trish. You need to give a bit more information, to get usable help from the forums on this issue.

The type of payment processing you use; whether this is happening with all orders or just random ones; any add on modules you have on yout cart; any recent changes etc.

The more information you can give, the better the quality of responses you will get.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Missing Orders Suddenly

Thanks for your reply, I don't relly understand how the Zen cart works and am just learning.
    We use Realex for our payments and it is happening on all orders, they say it has nothing to do with them and we should contact our support people. Our customers are paying by credit card. As far as I am aware we havent had any recent changes to the site and the only add on we have is an "export email addresses" which has been there for over 12 months.
    Any suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Missing Orders Suddenly

Hi Trish, unfortunately I am unfamilar with Realex, so can't give you any specific advice.

Normally when a customer makes a purchase with Zen Cart, the payment is processed, the cart contents are cleared, the sale is recorded in the database and the customer is sent an order confirmation email.

You need to establish whether this has been the case by looking at your orders through your admin. If they've only bought one item, but been charged three times for it, then something is seriously adrift with your setup. First thing to check is that the money has gone into YOUR account and that your site security has not been compromised.

I'd be inclined to put a temporary $1 test item on there, get a friend to make a test purchase of it and see what happens.