Plugin Contributions

Default UPS XML Error: cURL: Error [77]: error setting certificate verify locations

I have installed the UPS shipping module for XML and for some reason, I get this error:

Error from cURL: Error [77]: error setting certificate verify locations:
    CAfile: /usr/local/share/curl/curl-ca-bundle.crt
    CApath: none

I am not sure what this means exactly. Does this mean I need to install a cert on the site to get it to work correctly?
    I contacted UPS and they say they say they say they haven't heard of this error. But I think they are being lazy cause that is an error from their server, but any insight would be appreciated if any one else has had this issue of course.

Plugin Contributions

Default UPS XML Error

I've installed the UPS XML shipping module and it keep getting a cURL error in the log and I have no idea what it means:

Error from cURL: Error [77]: error setting certificate verify locations:
    CAfile: /usr/local/share/curl/curl-ca-bundle.crt
    CApath: none

Do I need a cert? Is there anyways around this?

Thanks for any help!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: UPS Shipping Errors

Your hosting company needs to fix their problem with their CURL version and/or configuration.

There are many websites discussing that particular error message, and all point to something amuck with the server config.

Log a ticket with your hosting company and report the problem.

It's got nothing to do with Zen Cart. In fact, you'll likely find that any other modules in Zen Cart which use CURL will probably have the same problem, including most of the built-in payment gateway modules. The problem must be fixed at the server level.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: UPS Shipping Errors

Thanks for the input. And sorry about the double posting. Didn't hear back from any one so I tried something different.
    Anyways contact my hosting company and hopefully they will get back to me with some more input.