Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can I display "Sold Out" button AND "Add to Cart" button on product information p

This is actually a pretty standard option in some industries, you can purchase an item, knowing it has to go on backorder. Your item(s) is then shipped when it comes back in stock.

If I can add a quick question to this thread: It is standard Zen Cart behavior (provided set in Admin) to allow a customer to purchase more items than currently in stock. It shows on the checkout page that the items will be backordered. However, I haven't seen anywhere in Admin that the storeowner can check a list of items on backorder that they have to follow up on. Is there such a feature? If not, it seems like it would be easy to miss items that customers have paid for but you haven't shipped yet.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can I display "Sold Out" button AND "Add to Cart" button on product information p

Quote Originally Posted by kdays View Post
    This is actually a pretty standard option in some industries, you can purchase an item, knowing it has to go on backorder. Your item(s) is then shipped when it comes back in stock.

If I can add a quick question to this thread: It is standard Zen Cart behavior (provided set in Admin) to allow a customer to purchase more items than currently in stock. It shows on the checkout page that the items will be backordered. However, I haven't seen anywhere in Admin that the storeowner can check a list of items on backorder that they have to follow up on. Is there such a feature? If not, it seems like it would be easy to miss items that customers have paid for but you haven't shipped yet.
    That's a good question!!

If/when I can find help with this, I was just planning to use the "Orders Status" option to create a new one and categorise that order as "waiting for stock" seeing as the "Orders" section has the pull down menu to just show orders of a certain status.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tino.schlegel View Post
    Yes it is possible, but you have to change the code for the buy now button. It actually checks of it displays the buy now button of the sold out button. Just create a new function that gives you the sold out button and shwo this on your product pages.
    If another button was added it could be linked to a "when stock is 0" add this button, couldn't it?

Hang on, could the existing code just be changed? Currently when stock is "0" there is obviously two things the code is doing

1. It removed the "Add to cart" button
    2. It displays the "Sold Out" image

Rather than add a button, could the code be told to just leave the "Add to cart" button there? I can't code at all but just an idea.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ningyotan View Post
    If another button was added it could be linked to a "when stock is 0" add this button, couldn't it?

Hang on, could the existing code just be changed? Currently when stock is "0" there is obviously two things the code is doing

1. It removed the "Add to cart" button
    2. It displays the "Sold Out" image

Rather than add a button, could the code be told to just leave the "Add to cart" button there? I can't code at all but just an idea.
    It's been a week, hoping for an answer

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tino.schlegel View Post
    Yes it is possible, but you have to change the code for the buy now button. It actually checks of it displays the buy now button of the sold out button. Just create a new function that gives you the sold out button and shwo this on your product pages.

Still makes no snese but maybe your customers appreciate you option to buy a sold out product.

Maybe add another donation button if your website is lacking functionality.
    Awesome except I can't code or write a function, I can copy and paste other people's code no problem at all but being such a newb at this, I can't get my head around that at this stage.

I've seen so many threads on this forum where people provide the code for various requests, I was hoping to hang in there to get someone's help.

Is there somewhere I can post to request someone's service? I'm getting desperate, perhaps I can pay them?

Plugin Contributions

Really struggling with my store as the store grows and more and more products added.

Please, I would really appreciate the help with this!

Plugin Contributions

if you set it to 0 quantities, then it will display sold out

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by alan145 View Post
    if you set it to 0 quantities, then it will display sold out
    I know how to make the sold out picture appear, check the title of the thread and the opening post. I'm trying to do more than just that . . . . sadly, I seem to be the only person wanting to do this.

Plugin Contributions

I am looking for this same information...

I want customers to know that items that are out of stock will be on special order and will take longer to be dispatched. But it seems to be an either/or proposition...

I'm happy to edit code if someone can direct me in the right direction.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tojasonharris
    I want customers to know that items that are out of stock will be on special order and will take longer to be dispatched. But it seems to be an either/or proposition..
    Well I would create a "Special Order" image that would replace the add to cart if the stock is "0"
    You will need a stock check and a if/else to trigger the image swap
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast