Plugin Contributions

Default Add-to-cart missing from product page

Thanks DrByte
    It works great on the main page.

I still cant get it working on the product info page.

Please help

www.gypsys-scrapbooking.com

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Add to cart not showing for downloadable products in the product listing page

Quote Originally Posted by redneckrevenge View Post
    Thanks DrByte
    It works great on the main page.

I still cant get it working on the product info page.

Please help

www.gypsys-scrapbooking.com
    Your post doesn't make sense.

The thread you posted in is discussing buy-now buttons for downloadable products on product-listing pages.
    It's not discussing product-info pages at all.

Further, your post doesn't explain anything about what problem you have or what you're trying to accomplish.
    And, since I'm almost certain it's unrelated to the discussion already happening in this thread, I recommend starting a new thread for your separate topic, unless you are certain yours is the same issue as discussed here.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Add to cart not showing for downloadable products in the product listing page

Sorry for the confusion. I'm not a programmer, I'm a mechanical designer. I am tring to set up a website for my wife to sell digital artwork for scrapbooking. I have been fighting with learning PHP and Zen Cart for the last month. I created a couple of products for testing purposes. I got the shopping cart, and pay-pal working as a shippable item. I had a buy now button on the main catagory product page and the product detail page. After trying for a week to get the down load attribute to work I found this thread. I followed your directions and I got a buy now button for a downloadable product on the main catagory product page. At some time I lost the buy now button on the product info page. If I am on the wrong thread, I apologize, please point my to the correct thread.

My site is http://gypsys-scrapbooking.com/

The test products are the 12 x 12 pages
    Independance day and frog pond are downloadable
    Loving Angle is shippable for testing.

Thanks in advance
    Dean

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Okay, I've moved your discussion to its own thread, since it appears you may have several problems and/or misunderstandings.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I see you've added the code changes suggested in the other thread so the product-listing has a buy-now for your download items. That's fine.

But, I have no clue what you've done to cause your product-info page to no longer work as it does out-of-the-box.
    Have you turned off the Is Allowed To Add To Cart option in Admin->Catalog->Product Types->Product General->Edit ?

Out of the box, setting up a downloadable product is very simple:
    1. create product using default settings, supplying just a name and a description, and quantity and price
    2. create attribute option name
    3. create attribute option value
    3. assign a new attribute to the product, combining the option name and value and adding the downloadable filename
    4. upload the file for downloading so it's available on the server

Done. That's it. Exactly as the FAQ explains in much more detail: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=71
    Now the product can be purchased from the product-info page.

But, evidently you've changed a number of settings ... but I don't know which ones. Hopefully you've kept a list?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Add-to-cart missing from product page

I deleted one of my products and reloaded it as a music downloadable product and everything seems to work.
    Now to touch up some graphics and upload the rest of my wifes stuff.
    thank you very much.
    Dean