Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Fix Cache Key ( what the... )

Hello,
    I am having issues with the fix cache key instructions. I have i believe copied it into the relevant section as the instructions tell you to do. Below I have put up the instructions with some words/cry's for help in brackets next to the sections/instructions that I am not familiar and/or need help with.

* 1. Make sure the DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE setting is correct in your /includes/configure.php file. ( OK, what is correct and what is incorrect ? What exactly am i looking for here, what do i need to change if something needs to be changed - specifics please )

* 2. Copy this file to the folder where "index.php" exists for your Zen Cart site ( No worries - think I have done this part successfully )

* 3. Run it ( OK - How? How do I run ' IT ' What do i do EXACTLY to ' Run It ' ? ) - I have noticed in previous threads/posts here in the forum that I need to put into my browser some words telling it where to go - what are the words i need to put into my browser please? I have tried many things here and none of them are working.

* 4. The cache setting from your configure.php file will be displayed, followed by
    * the cache setting from your database.
    * If they match, it will say "No changes required."
    * If they do not match, it will synchronize the database to match the configure.php setting.

* 5. VERY IMPORTANT .... WHEN DONE, DELETE THIS FILE FROM YOUR SERVER!!!!!!!!!!!
    * If you don't delete it (or at least rename it to something very obscure), then you run the
    * risk of somebody using it to find out information about your server configuration, which
    * could compromise your site's security. Thus, deleting this file when finished is the best approach.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Cheers, Ash.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Fix Cache Key ( what the... )

1. The correct value would be the exact path from the root of your server's "/" hard drive all the way to the /cache/ folder of your store.
    Sometimes it looks like this: /var/users/my_name/websites/public_html/myzencartstore/cache/
    But it's different on every server. If unsure, ask your hosting company.
    It's usually the same as your DIR_FS_CATALOG value, with '/cache' added to the end of it ... but that assumes you've got DIR_FS_CATALOG correct.
    Sorry, I can't give you a magical answer.

3. To "run" it, you type the URL to that file into your browser and press Enter.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

To 'run it' you type in your Browser: http://youdomain.com/fix_cache_key.php

See what happens.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    thanks for your prompt reply.
    Do i put anything before /public_html/shop/cache ( ie: http://www.public_html/shop/cache ) ? In my browser or just stick in the /publi_html/shop/cache with nothing other than that?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you're talking about your browser, only the part after public_html is ever seen by the browser, so that's what you put in the URL.
    ie: If you store is in the "shop" folder and you uploaded "fix_cache_key.php" to your "shop" folder, then you'd point your browser to: www.your_domain.com/shop/fix_cache_key.php

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    thanks for that. I have put the details in the browser and it goes directly to my online store ( which isn't working properly yet as I have a blogger site hyperlinking to it that needs tweaking ),
    no writing comes up to do with the cache needing changing or not needing changing, is this normal or is there supposed to be some kind of info displayed if i have done everything correctly?
    Thanks, Ash.

Plugin Contributions

Well, let's start at the beginning. Why are you using 'fix_cache_key.php' in the first place? Normally it is used when transferring from one Hoster to another. What is your situation?

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    I have put together a zen cart store on my local computer ( for testing etc ) and are now wanting to upload it onto my dot easy server/host. I have a blogger website build that is just the front of my shop ( reasons for this is it was easy to set up and I did this before I got onto zen cart ) The blogger website points to dot easy and vise versa ( as my domain name was redgistered with them before i created template with blogger ) The address of my website is www.soulkreed.com. On my blooger catagories tab I have a hyperlink that says ' Online Store ' which when clicked is supposed to lead people to the zen cart ' shop/online store ' to view and purchase t-shirts. I have at this stage followed every tutorial I can lay my hands on but there are things I am not familiar with ie: terms, words used etc. I know I need to play around with all this stuff as that is how you learn but I feel I may be going around in circles as I am not sure what to do exactly. I have a database created already but do i need another one for the zen cart store and if so do i have an ftp account that matches the database etc?

I know once I have done it a few times it will not be so daunting but at the moment it is.
    Thanks for your assistance, much appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Upload your database and edit the two config files; to point to the correct location and to use the correct database.

Then upload your Zen Cart files to your 'shop' dir.

Now upload the 'fix_cache_key.php' file and run it.

Plugin Contributions

I think i accidentaly deleted my database from my local phpmyadmin as it is no longer there. I have made backups but how do i get them back onto phpmyadmin? ( local version, not dot easy's ) I can no longer view my zen cart store on my local computer.

I am not real familiar with the instructions you have given me my friend, i apologise for that.
    I am still very new and to do the things you are asking me to do i do not know how to do really.
    I shall have a play around with it at any rate and if i break it well i can always start again.

Cheers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast