Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Create a new module for International Checkout payment module

I am trying to create a module to integrate International Checkout, as a payment module.

I was searching and couldn't find if there is a specific template to be used or what kind of guidelines I have to use in order to integrate the code.

Any suggestions on how to do it will be helpful as I want to avoid conflicts or malfunctions.

This is just a sample of the info that must be retrieved.

For example, if there are 2 items in your cart, then fields ItemDescription, ItemSKU, ItemSize, ItemColor, ItemWeight, ItemQuantity,
    ItemPrice, ItemImage, ImgHeight, ImgWidth will be:
    ItemDescription1, ItemSKU1, ItemSize1, ItemColor1, ItemWeight1, ItemQuantity1, ItemPrice1, ItemHazardous1, ItemImage1,
    ImgHeight1, ImgWidth1
    And:
    ItemDescription2, ItemSKU2, ItemSize2, ItemColor2, ItemWeight2, ItemQuantity2, ItemPrice2, ItemHazardous2, ItemImage2,
    ImgHeight2, ImgWidth2
    This is how we’ll recognize how many items are in your cart and will enable the transfer of their values respectively. This integer value
    will always be started from 1. (i.e. “ItemDescription1”).

Plugin Contributions

Default Integrating a new payment option without creating a module, need help?

Where I can get information to add a button over my existing payment options without having to create a new payment module?

I just want to add a button in the shopping cart, as the payment module wiki doc is completely obscure and complex and I don't have the time to devote to develop a new module ...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Integrating a new payment option without creating a module, need help?

I doubt if you can. Zencart is designed to work through its built-in checkout process.

What sort of payment process were you thinking of?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Integrating a new payment option without creating a module, need help?

It's a payment and checkout system called 'International Checkout', they work like Paypal express or Google checkout, by providing a checkout button >>> see this store that has it >>>

http://outdoorpros.com

I was trying to work with their developers to do a simple integration with Zencart unfortunately the instructions for creating a module are too vague and obscure ...

I am not that familiar building classes and with OOP, so don't even know where to start, if I wanted to look at other payment modules for clues each has it's own rules ...

Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart doesn't work that way. You can't just include a button for the payment processing. It's far more complicated than that since you have to pass information from the cart to the payment processor. A module would be required.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Create a new module for International Checkout payment module

That's exactly what I thought but the wiki on writing a module is REALLY obscure ... it lacks any guidelines except the structure ...

So i was trying to find out an alternative way ... I need this module ASAP and I don't have the time to devote to create by myself nor the resources to pay for it ...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by icecold View Post
    That's exactly what I thought but the wiki on writing a module is REALLY obscure ... it lacks any guidelines except the structure ...
    YEAH, TELL ME ABOUT IT!

I am not the person to explain "How to write a correct payment module", but i can tell you what i have done.
    (Well, follow at your own risk coz my payment module isn't yet perfect and it messes up when returned from payment gateway
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143210)

I have taken one of the payment modules (paypalipn) and modified it; i chose that module since it had the talkback module (ipn_main_handler.php) with the payment gateway, which i also needed.

First obeying the file structure, i have copied all the files i might have edited, in a new directory, and edited their name to my module name(includes/modules/payment/).
    I first set up the payment class and it's functions (migrated from paypal.php). The functions in this class are called from various places in other routines depending on the payment module customer choses. One example is the checkout_process.php where inside there are calls to for example $payment_modules->before_process() and $payment_modules->after_order_create($insert_id) functions and you know in which order they are called. One important function is process_button function which is executed when your customer hits order confirm button in the final checkout page.

So the first thing not to do: Since the functions in the payment class is called elsewhere, they should remain. However, unless you know exactly what they are doing, to begin with you can empty inside them and return false to keep their functionality.

Then comes the admin functions such as install, remove, keys (check?). These define how you can install the module in the admin section and your module variables. Keep or change the variables according to your use. You will recognize that there are database construction commands there, you will need to change the database name to yours. You will have to find where the names are defined and add your own definition (use Developers Tool Kit in the admin section to search the keywords). Create new files as needed. When you do this your module is ready to be installed in the admin section. Well, it doesn't have any functionality yet, but at least you can install it.

So this is at least what you need to do for the beginning, and not even the visible portion of the iceberg. I will continue for more later on, if i have time and if there is interest. In the mean time i hope the other more experienced people will drop a few words of instructions as well.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by zamzom View Post
    YEAH, TELL ME ABOUT IT!

I am not the person to explain "How to write a correct payment module", but i can tell you what i have done.
    (Well, follow at your own risk coz my payment module isn't yet perfect and it messes up when returned from payment gateway
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143210)

I have taken one of the payment modules (paypalipn) and modified it; i chose that module since it had the talkback module (ipn_main_handler.php) with the payment gateway, which i also needed.

First obeying the file structure, i have copied all the files i might have edited, in a new directory, and edited their name to my module name(includes/modules/payment/).
    I first set up the payment class and it's functions (migrated from paypal.php). The functions in this class are called from various places in other routines depending on the payment module customer choses. One example is the checkout_process.php where inside there are calls to for example $payment_modules->before_process() and $payment_modules->after_order_create($insert_id) functions and you know in which order they are called. One important function is process_button function which is executed when your customer hits order confirm button in the final checkout page.

So the first thing not to do: Since the functions in the payment class is called elsewhere, they should remain. However, unless you know exactly what they are doing, to begin with you can empty inside them and return false to keep their functionality.

Then comes the admin functions such as install, remove, keys (check?). These define how you can install the module in the admin section and your module variables. Keep or change the variables according to your use. You will recognize that there are database construction commands there, you will need to change the database name to yours. You will have to find where the names are defined and add your own definition (use Developers Tool Kit in the admin section to search the keywords). Create new files as needed. When you do this your module is ready to be installed in the admin section. Well, it doesn't have any functionality yet, but at least you can install it.

So this is at least what you need to do for the beginning, and not even the visible portion of the iceberg. I will continue for more later on, if i have time and if there is interest. In the mean time i hope the other more experienced people will drop a few words of instructions as well.
    Thanks for your post ...
    It seems no one wants to help on this ...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by icecold View Post
    It seems no one wants to help on this ...
    Not true. We'd all like to help, but this requires programming skills most of us don't have. Those who do usually get paid for this kind of work.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    Not true. We'd all like to help, but this requires programming skills most of us don't have. Those who do usually get paid for this kind of work.
    Well I am a computer engineer not the usual non-tech shopper owner ... I was looking into guidelines, I don't have time to study and figure out how all the scripts work, because I have to run my biz, I am not a module developer, I modified several things but it will be good if a good guide was something less complex than 'here is the structure', at least a list of the functions required to run a payment module, that's the open source way, to share and develop by many, and debug so we can build better apps ...

It's really crazy to have to reverse engineer all payment modules ...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast