Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Removed local database from phpmyadmin by mistake

Ok I have done that and I am now getting a screen that kind of looks like ( well no, it doesn't look anything like my online store at all ), something has worked albeit does not look like my black store front that I have with my live server.
    Any clues please?

Plugin Contributions

I've had a look around the store ( imported version ) and there are no pictures of my products and I also cannot get into the admin section, it says i have entered the wrong username and/or password, I was sure i enetered the right info.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Soulkreed View Post
    Ok I have done that and I am now getting a screen that kind of looks like ( well no, it doesn't look anything like my online store at all ), something has worked albeit does not look like my black store front that I have with my live server.
    Well. why should it? All you/we have been doing here is importing your database tables. These contain information about your products and sales. It doesn't contain much in regards to how your store will *look* (This is done with the /template/ files).

Also, from your previous message you are importing data from an old local backup sql, and not one from the live server anyway, so even if the database did contain information on how it should 'look' you wouldn't be seeing the same as what is on the live server, because that isn't where the data originated.

You really must stop looking at zencart as just a giant 'thing'. It is made up of lots of different components that all need to work together. The database does one thing, the /template files do another, the system files do something else altogether, and so forth.. You really should have a *basic* understanding of these different components otherwise you will forever be digging yourself into deeper and deeper holes.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

I've had a look around the store ( imported version ) and there are no pictures of my products
    Have you imported the images yet? (answer = probably not). The images are not stored in the database (only the names of them are).

and I also cannot get into the admin section, it says i have entered the wrong username and/or password, I was sure i enetered the right info.
    What do you think is the "right" info? Is it the username/password you used when you first setup the database, or is it the username/password that is stored in the sql backup file? (hint: you have dropped the original tables and replace them (and all of the data) from the backup file.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Oh ok, I see. Please tell me how I go about importing the images, do I do anything for doing that with phpmyadmin or is there something else to achieve that ? How do I change the template, is this with the import function on phpmyadmin or somewhere else? I have used the database tables backup from my live sever as well and it looks the same as the backup I did with the local backup. I think it will be better for me to use the live server backup that you did for me from now on as it had some tweaks that you did on it from memory, what do you think?

Wear getting there, lol.

Cheers mate.
    Last edited by Soulkreed; 28 Dec 2009 at 08:01 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Oh ok, I see. Please tell me how I go about importing the images
    Use FTP and just copy them from your live server (do the same with your template files).

If you already have local copies of these files it is just a matter of dropping them into the correct location of your newly created local store.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Thanks mate, doing it now, it's starting to look pretty nice.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567