Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Removed local database from phpmyadmin by mistake

The local config files ( admin/includes/configure.php and includes/configure.php ) both have soulk_ in the DB_prefix line. If they are indeed the original local files and not the imported ones that have overwritten them.
    If they match the imported SQL database tables DB_prefix ( which they do from what i can see ) then it should work yes?
    What I don't understand is if the SQL database files that I have imported in that have doubled up ( meaning the system doesn't know about them yet/can't put them where they need to be ) are reading the same DB_prefix as the local configure.php files then why isn't it working?
    If the local configure.php files say that the DB_prefix is soulk_ then why don't the local database tables in phpmyadmin also reflect these same settings so to speak?
    I am missing something here aren't I?

Cheers mate.

Plugin Contributions

I am looking at the SQL database backup table files in my text editor and it would appear that all of these files headings do not have soulk_ anywhere at all. This would suggest that I have been thinking that the imported files were the ones that had soulk_ before them but if I am correct it is the other way around.
    If this is the case do i go through the SQL DB tables files and change everyone of them with my text editor one at a time to read soulk_ or is there another faster way or have i gotten my assumption wrong about this?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Soulkreed View Post
    The local config files ( admin/includes/configure.php and includes/configure.php ) both have soulk_ in the DB_prefix line.
    That maybe so, but the question remains, is this what they need to be?

If they are indeed the original local files and not the imported ones that have overwritten them.
    Time to take a step or two back again.

I am/was under the impression that you had a working local installation and that you are now trying to import the database tables from your live server. If this is correct you *shouldn't* be importing any files at all (especially not the configure.php files) because these files *will* be different on your live host than they are on your localhost.

If they match the imported SQL database tables DB_prefix ( which they do from what i can see ) then it should work yes?
    Yes, but only as long as the SERVER specification and file paths are also correct, and if you are overwriting your local copy of these files from the copy on your live server you WILL have problems, and things won't work as expected.

What I don't understand is if the SQL database files that I have imported in that have doubled up ( meaning the system doesn't know about them yet/can't put them where they need to be )
    The doubling up of the database tables is telling us that your localhost installation is using a different table prefix than the server installation that did the export.

I am missing something here aren't I?
    Yes

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

I am looking at the SQL database backup table files in my text editor and it would appear that all of these files headings do not have soulk_ anywhere at all. This would suggest that I have been thinking that the imported files were the ones that had soulk_ before them but if I am correct it is the other way around.
    This would also explain the doubling up.

If this is the case do i go through the SQL DB tables files and change everyone of them with my text editor one at a time to read soulk_
    That'll be one way of doing it (and the way most likely to cause you to have problems and errors due to miskeying or mistyping).
    A better way would be to use a search/replace tool.

The BEST way however would be to do what I have been trying to tell you all along, and that is to make your local installation match your live installation as closely as possible. If your live server uses 'zen_' as a prefix then when you create your local copy you should also use a 'zen_' prefix.
    If your live server uses 'soulk_' as a prefix then when you create your local copy you should also use a 'soulk_' prefix.
    If your live server doesn't use a prefix at all, then when you create your local copy you should also use no prefix.

By keeping the naming conventions consistent in this manner means that you'll not need to edit your .sql data file at all, and at the same time it also means one less difference to worry about between the configure.php files on the live server and your local server.

CHeers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    the SQL database tables backup files that I have imported are not from my live server, they are from my local backup save I did just before I transfered my files over to Dot Easy.
    I know this probably doesn't change the fact that I still need to make the correct changes with the prefix's regardless weather the files are from my live server or my local ( I just thought i would clarify that for us, apologise for leaving that bit of info out )

Cheers.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, it appears that the SQL database tables backup that I was importing doesn't have a prefix with it at all. I guess this is why it was doubling up so to speak. I re installed zencart this time without the table-prefix and I am now getting this when I import the files into the zencart database in phpmyadmin

MySQL said: Documentation
    #1050 - Table 'address_book' already exists

Any clues please?

Plugin Contributions

I have searched the threads about this particular error and am not making any head way, I think I'll give dropping each table a go one at a time and see if that does anything ( this is the long way I'm sure but I don't know what else to do here )

Here goes, gulp..

Plugin Contributions

Well that proved to be quite a painful experience. I basically got more confused than I was before. It didn't work.
    I give up..

Plugin Contributions

I am now getting this when I import the files into the zencart database in phpmyadmin

MySQL said: Documentation
    #1050 - Table 'address_book' already exists

Any clues please?
    This is good. What you now need to do is DROP *all* of the existing tables (not the database itself) and then do the import.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    the SQL database tables backup files that I have imported are not from my live server, they are from my local backup save I did just before I transfered my files over to Dot Easy.
    Assuming there has been activity on your live server since your local save was made, the server database files will be more up to date than your presaved files.

I know this probably doesn't change the fact that I still need to make the correct changes with the prefix's regardless weather the files are from my live server or my local ( I just thought i would clarify that for us, apologise for leaving that bit of info out )

Cheers.
    Correct, and this is why I've been recommending you make your local tables match what is being used on the server (assuming you were trying to re-create your server setup locally).

The fact that it now appears you are trying to recreate a local setup from sql backups made on an older local installation means that you'll be best using the same naming convention that was used on the original database. However, this will probably also mean you'll still have a naming mismatch between your newly restored local system, and the system used on your live server. Although having this mismatch isn't really going to 'hurt' anything, it WILL make it more difficult for you to export from one system and import into the other.

Cheers
    Rod

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast