Plugin Contributions

Default Setting up fixed shipping costs

Most of the items are sell are about the same weight. A formula that has worked well for me in the past is $3.50 for the first item and $1.50 for each additional item. This almost always covers first class postage plus insurance costs. What would be the easiest way to set up this kind of shipping calculation in zencart?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Setting up fixed shipping costs

Install the Item Rate item shipping module and set the Item Rate to 1.50 and the Handling to 2.00 ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Install the Item Rate item shipping module and set the Item Rate to 1.50 and the Handling to 2.00 ...
    Thanks for the quick response. Is this the module you are talking about? Since I'm so new at this, I'd like to be sure before I install it
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1095

Plugin Contributions

Not, I was referring to go to your Zen Cart Admin ... then go to the Modules ... Shipping ... and install the Item Rate item shipping module that comes with your Zen Cart ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Not, I was referring to go to your Zen Cart Admin ... then go to the Modules ... Shipping ... and install the Item Rate item shipping module that comes with your Zen Cart ...
    Thanks for your help. I followed your suggestions and the shipping cost is now calculated correctly. I did notice that after I put things in the shopping cart, a link to "checkout" and "shopping cart" appeared at the top left of the window, just above my store logo. How can I get those things to shift to the right (but remain on the same horizontal level)?

Plugin Contributions

Glad that this is now working for you ... thanks for the update!

You are best talking to a designer type for altering the look of your shop ... I am but a humble coder ...
    Linda McGrath