Plugin Contributions

Default Weird problem with product pricing

I'm very new to zencart but have made a lot of progress this weekend thanks to many helpful comments from various folks in this forum.

After junking the template from monster-!@#$, I went back to the standard classic green template that comes with the zencart download. I'm using whatever the latest version is (downloaded 2-3 days ago).

I've got the storefront to look pretty much how I want now with some nice graphics. I've also loaded up about 100 different products. All products are supposed to have fixed pricing. In other words, when I entered the information for new products, all I did was enter in the price. The weird thing I see is that some products seem to have a random thing added onto the bottom as in the partial screenshot shown below. I don't know why this item was marked as being "on sale" because I never did anything other than enter an item name, price and description. Furthermore, I have no idea where the radiobuttons at the bottom came from. There are more than a few products that have a list of options that you are forced to select before you can put it in your cart. None of these options are things I added, but somehow they ended up there.

How do I get rid of those things and where did they come from in the first place?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Weird problem with product pricing

Those things are product attributes. I gues you edited existing products from the demo zart instead of adding a new product.

I gues its better to add a new product since there could be other things that were set up for demonstration purposes that you dont know about.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tino.schlegel View Post
    Those things are product attributes. I gues you edited existing products from the demo zart instead of adding a new product.

I gues its better to add a new product since there could be other things that were set up for demonstration purposes that you dont know about.
    I added these as new products from scratch...which is why I think the problem is weird...any other ideas?

edit: I went to Admin...Catalog...
    I then created a new category and then added new products to it...

Plugin Contributions

update:

I went to Catalog...products price manager and then noticed that some items in the drop-down menu have asterisks next to them and some don't. Everything appearing in the list was created from scratch and was not merely a modification of an existing product. I then selected a catagory that has products in it that appear with attributes I don't want.

I then clicked on the "attribute controller" button and scolled down the page. About halfway down there is a line that says "adding new attibutes". There is a window on the left that says "option name" where you select if you want dropdown menus, radio buttons, etc. There's also a window on the left that lists specific attributes. There is a HUGE collection of stuff there like "gift wrapping", "collectors tin", "9 iron", "8 iron", etc. I have no idea where that stuff came from. If I could get rid of that somehow then perhaps the problem would go away. Could it be something from the database I created a while ago? I installed xzencart originally back in august, then didn't do anything with it for quite a while. Last week I had to reinstall zencart because I overwrote a couple of files by accident and decided to erase everything and start over. However, I didn't do anything with the databases I don't think. (I'm talking about the stuff you see in phpMyadmin).