Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default An Upscale Boutique Support Thread

Hello !

I had so much fun creating A Pink Boutique that I decided to do another free template.

An Upscale Boutique Zen Cart Template designed for version 1.3.8. by Picaflor Azul Web Design.

Features:
    * Fixed width 2 or 3 column display
    * Matching button set included
    * Matching icons
    * Home Page template included formatted with space for an image, navigation buttons, and welcome text.
    * Re-formatted Product Info Page
    * Tested using Firefox, IE7, IE6.

This template done in neutrals gold an grey with a subtle damask pattern for the header and footer bars. The classic style will look great with all types of products.

See a live demo site here.

Download link coming soon!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: An Upscale Boutique Support Thread

An Upscale Boutique is now available in the downloads section:

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1481

Plugin Contributions

Anne –

This is a wonderful new template, and a great starting point for my brand-new site. Thanks so much for sharing this with us.

I have a few beginner questions, but I'm not sure this is the right forum for them. I'll have a go, though:

1. how do I change the title?
    2. how do I disable things like the newsletter, reviews, sponsors sections? I seem to remember EZ-pages having something to do with this, but there's nothing in the EZ-pages section for this template (that I can see, anyway).
    3. if I want to customize the footer, I know that I put a modified footer.php file into includes/languages/english/an_upscale_boutique. The question is, where do I get the file to put here?

Thanks again...I'm really looking forward to using this template, and to getting seriously started in ZC.

Plugin Contributions

1. If you mean the An Upscale Boutique text in the header, that's the logo image.

2. Sideboxes are controlled in Admin - Tools - Sideboxes Controller

3. Copy the file from includes/languages/english

Plugin Contributions

Hey, Steve -

Thanks for the reply. Some follow-on questions, please:

1. By "title" I meant the HTML title, the text that shows up at the top of the browser.

2. Under Tools, I have a "Layout Boxes Controller"...I assume that's what you meant by "Sideboxes Controller." I don't see how to turn off the Sponsor display from here. Also, how do I control what shows up within a sidebox that I enable? There's a bunch of stuff under Information, for example, that I don't want, even though I do want the Information section itself to display.

3. includes/languages/english doesn't have a footer.php file. When I wrote this question, I forgot that this is area is part of the overall wrapper. The areas I want to modify are identified as siteinfoIP, siteinfoLegal and bannerSix. What's the preferred method for changing these? I'm still trying to learn what kinds of changes are configurations vs. actually modifying code files.

Thanks a lot.

Plugin Contributions

Well, I think I spelled everything right, anyway.

1. https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=17

2. Yes, it's Layout Boxes Controller. Some of the box names are a little strange. I think the Sponsors box is banner_box_all.

3. Footer.php is in includes/modules, but you'll change the copyright and legal stuff in includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_footer.php

You'll save it to your custom template's 'common' folder.

Also:

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=38
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=39

Plugin Contributions

OK, I guess the right term is "browser bar."

Yesterday, I edited includes/languages/english/UPSCALE/header.php to change the HEADER_ALT_TEXT and HEADER_SALES_TEXT defines.

Now, I'm supposed to change includes/languages/english/meta_tags.php to make these changes. Did I misunderstand something, or is this really necessary to be done twice? (It's not that I'm lazy; I'm hoping the answer will help further my knowledge of the ZC gestalt a bit.)

And, why am I modifying this meta_tags file instead of creating an overriding file in a CUSTOM directory like I did for the header? Is there a rule of thumb for the modify vs. override?

Thanks.

PS: the sponsor box is banner_box, not banner_box_all. I turned them both off.
    Last edited by mzimmers; 23 Feb 2010 at 08:07 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi there,
    I am also quite new to Zencart - but have managed to successfully download your beautiful template, and it is working pretty well for setting up my site for the most part :)

However, I have a few queries I was hoping someone savvy could help with:

1) In the demo of An Upscale Boutique, the Sidebar images and Featured products all have the Damask background as a border. This works fine for my main image, but doesn't happen for the smaller sidebar images and featured/new products, just small image - no border. How/where can I fix this?

2) I need to change the Weight for my products from lbs to Kgs. I've trolled through Admin endlessly and can't figure out how to do this.

3) Lastly, the TELL A FRIEND button works, but when it successfully sends the message, the success text overwrites the area where the Header logo is. THis looks bad. How can I get the message to go somewhere else on the page (eg. in the main box?)

Kindest thanks for any help!
    Nancy

Plugin Contributions

1) In the demo of An Upscale Boutique, the Sidebar images and Featured products all have the Damask background as a border. This works fine for my main image, but doesn't happen for the smaller sidebar images and featured/new products, just small image - no border. How/where can I fix this?
    Please read through this thread. It has already been asked and answered.

2) I need to change the Weight for my products from lbs to Kgs. I've trolled through Admin endlessly and can't figure out how to do this.
    This is not a template specific question. Search the forum for the answer, it has been asked and answered many times.

3) Lastly, the TELL A FRIEND button works, but when it successfully sends the message, the success text overwrites the area where the Header logo is. THis looks bad. How can I get the message to go somewhere else on the page (eg. in the main box?)
    I need a url to the page with the problem to offer any help.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your help, Anne - I did try to search through the respective forums and this thread, but sometimes finding info depends upon what keywords you use..

My site is www.vintagevenus.co.uk/zencart and I get a green-backed message behind the header logo saying my TELL A FRIEND message was sent to "name of person". Kind thanks, Nancy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast