Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Where is my Site map? Please help me find it!

Hello,

I am aware that zencart configures the sitemap automatically...but where is it? Do I have to create page with all the links even the zencart does this automatically? Hope someone here knows where it is or how to create it.....and it needs to be in XML format.

Thanks!
    Wendy

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Where is my Site map? Please help me find it!

You are confusing the user sitemap with the XML sitemaps that search engines like.

For XML sitemaps you should install Andrew Berezins SITEMAPS XML module, and then use this mod in conjunction with your webmaster dashboards that you configure in the various search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing).
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Ok...what webmaster dashboard? Do i create a sitemap in 2 places? Where would i find the one that zencart configures automatically?

Plugin Contributions

The "Automatic" sitemap is created dynamically - it does not exist until a user asks (clicks) for it.

Unfortunately, this is not the right forum to give lessons on how to set up your search engine webmaster dashboards.

Before you look at SITEMAPS XML, you should go to Google and learn how to use their dashboard.

You start by clicking the "Sign In" link at the top right of the Google Home Page.
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    You are confusing the user sitemap with the XML sitemaps that search engines like.

For XML sitemaps you should install Andrew Berezins SITEMAPS XML module, and then use this mod in conjunction with your webmaster dashboards that you configure in the various search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing).

Ok...got the xml sitemap up and going and the right modules in place...now for the user sitemap. If zencart configures this automatically...where exactly is it, how do I get it to configure automatically and how can i get the link to show on my site?

Thanks for any help in this process.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by windowla View Post
    Ok...got the xml sitemap up and going and the right modules in place...now for the user sitemap. If zencart configures this automatically...where exactly is it, how do I get it to configure automatically and how can i get the link to show on my site?

Thanks for any help in this process.
    If you have the information sidebox activated the link to the default zencart sitemap should be displayed in that sidebox.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by clydejones View Post
    If you have the information sidebox activated the link to the default zencart sitemap should be displayed in that sidebox.
    Ok...found it under layout boxes controller...now I have 2 information boxes on the same side! Now to try to figure out how to combine them and change the file names and extensions in the sitemap!

Thankyou!

Plugin Contributions

If zencart configures this automatically...where exactly is it?
    As I said earlier... it isn't anywhere. It is generated dynamically, and once a user navigates away from it, it "evaporates".
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

As I said earlier... it isn't anywhere. It is generated dynamically, and once a user navigates away from it, it "evaporates".
    Clarify something for me please. Now that I have the xml sitemap up for google and now have the user sitemap showing...wouldn't there still be a need to optimize the user site map? I've looked all through my files and can't find it anywhere...as you say it "evaporates". Does this mean I can change the file names and extensions in the xml? And no need to fuss with the user side?

thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Clarify something for me please. Now that I have the xml sitemap up for google and now have the user sitemap showing...wouldn't there still be a need to optimize the user site map? I've looked all through my files and can't find it anywhere...as you say it "evaporates". Does this mean I can change the file names and extensions in the xml? And no need to fuss with the user side?

thanks!
    You'll find the default sitemap file located in

includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_site_map_default.php

other files associated with the default sitemap:

includes/classes/site_map.php

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast